New TV recommendations for a 2017 Mallard M312?

TopsRV2

Hey everyone,

My family and I are new 1st time RV'ers and just picked up a new 2017 Heartland Mallard M312. We're looking for any recommendations on types, makes, models, sizes of TV's that have worked best for some of you all? Of course size is RV dependent, but if you might happen to have the same exact RV as us and had some great luck with a TV and don't mind sharing, that would be great.

Thanks much, see you on the road!
TopsRV2!

Nuclearcowboy

We have a Bighorn, so the room you may have may be different from our unit relative to the size TV you might be looking at. However, we have had great success and are very pleased with any of the Samsung Smart TVs.

TopsRV2

Thanks Cowboy. I love Samsung's myself. I have them all over my house, great picture. That's what I was thinking about for the trailer as well, probably a good pick I think. Thanks for your input.

Nice looking rig too!!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have four Vizio flat screen TV's . . . 2 in the house and 2 in the Prowler!

Love them . . . never had a single problem with any of them!

I've tried other brands and returned them for another Vizio.

TopsRV2

Thanks JohnD, good info, I appreciate it. I'll have to check them out also.

We have four Vizio flat screen TV's . . . 2 in the house and 2 in the Prowler!

Love them . . . never had a single problem with any of them!

I've tried other brands and returned them for another Vizio.

Grey Ghost

We have a Samsung 32" in the living room and love it. No problems so far and we pull a 2011 Heartland Greystone all over the west part of the US. Hope this doesn't jinks us now. Had pretty good luck with it so far and heaven knows it gets a real 8 second+ ride back there!:cool:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We've had good luck with Visio TVs in our previous rig. I bought a 20" at WalMart and went ahead and got their 2 year replacement warranty (less than $15, just in case).

In 2015 we had an electrical surge due to a power cord failure, and it zapped our Visio. Insurance paid for a new one, and we went with a Samsung, it was the best price/quality for the size we needed.

Oregon_Camper

Hey everyone,

My family and I are new 1st time RV'ers and just picked up a new 2017 Heartland Mallard M312. We're looking for any recommendations on types, makes, models, sizes of TV's that have worked best for some of you all? Of course size is RV dependent, but if you might happen to have the same exact RV as us and had some great luck with a TV and don't mind sharing, that would be great.

Thanks much, see you on the road!
TopsRV2!

I don't read which forum topics are posted in, I just have the forum show me all new posts, sooooooooooo

The ENTIRE time I was reading this I was thinking you were asking about a Tow Vehicle (TV) not a Television (TV)....LOL :)

TopsRV2

Thanks all, I think we're going to end up going with a Samsung too. As I mentioned earlier, we have them in our home and love them and they have some nice sales on some nice new TV's at Best Buy right now.

Oregon Camper, that's too funny!!! lol

Nuclearcowboy

Thanks Cowboy. I love Samsung's myself. I have them all over my house, great picture. That's what I was thinking about for the trailer as well, probably a good pick I think. Thanks for your input.

Nice looking rig too!!
Thanks, we love it!

Building on top of this thread, the Mallard M312 doesn't seem to have a very thick stud to attach the TV mount in the entertainment area. Is this normal? Should I worry about the mount and TV falling. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

TopsRV2

Yes Thomes, I'm in the same exact boat. I purchased a 40" Samsung TV and although it only weighs about 15 lbs, I am still very concerned about the mount and how to mount it to that "wall area" there. I've been searching all over for a good, sturdy rigid mount to mount to that one solid beam down the middle. It also seems to have a backing of maybe a 3/4" sheet of plywood behind that paneling piece, but I don't trust that much. Does anyone else have any ideas similar in nature that have worked for them? Thanks!

Building on top of this thread, the Mallard M312 doesn't seem to have a very thick stud to attach the TV mount in the entertainment area. Is this normal? Should I worry about the mount and TV falling. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

redevil

Same here I think on my new NT 24BHS has a thin entertainment centre and might only be able to use a 3/4" screw to mount on that backer board area without it poking through.

Good afternoon everyone! I realize this is an old thread however I wanted to see if anyone has been successful with installing a 40in TV in lieu of a 32in TV?
Thanks
Jim

Srtowens

We got a Visio 43" (E43-D2) for our Mallard 312. It fits perfectly and looks great, but we were disappointed that it only came with a very basic remote. To get all the functions (like changing aspect ratio), you have to pair it with your smartphone over Wifi.