Where have you found leaks?

BobbyandGenee

First wash today. Already have a loose panel at the top. Both sides of center marker light, as well as both sides. Applying auto/marine sealant! Thankfully that showed up in a wash, not while pulling down the road!
7821005ac13ef3f08e05c29dd15aaba3.jpg
9ae8216ad0420c48cdf7f54ce9f2e0d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rxbristol

You're right that it's good you found it now. Looks like you need to spend additional time looking at every seal on the TT.

BobbyandGenee

We are going to run it hard all summer, then take it to the dealer after summer and do a full once over before we head out into the rain.

John T Bettencourt

I would be one hot person finding that after spending good money for a new trailer. Something that noticeable just tells me there is no quality control going on at Heartland.

BobbyandGenee

Well, we kind of went into this knowing we were going to be guinea pigs since this is brand new and not road tested. Being a previous Rv owner, I know how to fix most of this stuff instead of having to take it to the dealer. I also happen to do work for the dealer (I am a contractor) so we got a really nice deal in the unit. So we don't mind sharing the stuff we come across. Believe me, Heartland and the dealer are very much in the loop!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I would not put off repairing or getting water leaks repaired. Water is trailer's worst enemy ad can cause delamination, wood rot and other problems. Caulking is not that difficult to do and the tools and equipment is not expensive. Please don't put this off!

Furious10

Thanks for the heads up. We haven't gone over the whole exterior seams yet. If we find any loose panels, we will use 5200. Works great, stays flexible, seals and will never come off.:D
Hopefully we will get it back from the dealer soon...we have camping to do.

BobbyandGenee

I was in the dealership yesterday (doing more work building new offices) and got to have a meeting with the owner, sales manager, and service dept manager. We walked the two unit they had on the lot after I gave them our "list of issues". Everything was the same issue on every unit. They were all surprised by how loose that top panel is, and we all agreed that could definitely have caused and issue like you had. They are going to do some follow up for me on this.

Last edited:

BobbyandGenee

Also, take a look at your rear storage door. We noticed all three unit have a common issue. When you close the door (and engage the center lock) the door does not seal on the lower left corner. It appears the framing or body panels are slightly concave across the bottom so the door frame does not square up with the door. My dealer feels using a lock/latch on both sides of the door (like almost every other type of unit we looked at) would solve the problem. They are going to do some investigative work in that for me also.

Furious10

Also, take a look at your rear storage door. We noticed all three unit have a common issue. When you close the door (and engage the center lock) the door does not seal on the lower left corner. It appears the framing or body panels are slightly concave across the bottom so the door frame does not square up with the door. My dealer feels using a lock/latch on both sides of the door (like almost every other type of unit we looked at) would solve the problem. They are going to do some investigative work in that for me also.

No problem with storage doors. We changed the lock/latch on all three. We wanted to be able to latch the doors without locking them while camping. Got these.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well, we kind of went into this knowing we were going to be guinea pigs since this is brand new and not road tested. Being a previous Rv owner, I know how to fix most of this stuff instead of having to take it to the dealer. I also happen to do work for the dealer (I am a contractor) so we got a really nice deal in the unit.

So we don't mind sharing the stuff we come across. Believe me, Heartland and the dealer are very much in the loop!

I hope you guys become active in the HOC (Heartland Owner's Club) . . .

This is the kind of stuff that we need to have as discussion or seminar at our local HOC Rallies!

Along with the other stuff that we do . . .

I teach photography classes at HOC Rallies (that was my life's calling) . . . maybe a caulking class would be a great add-on to your local and regional HOC Rallies!

And maybe we can talk you into coming to a Colorado HOC event! :confused:

PondSkum

I have noticed after the last couple of rains that I have water in one of the window sills. I have not been able to locate the source of the leak yet. Hopefully it's a simple fix.

BobbyandGenee

Well guess what. Sealing the front didn't help. The roof is starting to tear back. Just called the dealer for emergency repairs. See what they say tomorrow.
920a194b533d50f75c56ec62817b8930.jpg

Furious10

Oh my! :( Hope they get it figured out and taken care of. Wow! We brought our Terry home from the dealership while waiting for parts. I'd rather have it here. We hope the new hub will be in soon...we may take care of it ourselves if it is delayed much longer. We have reservations at various campgrounds with monies paid.

BobbyandGenee

Oh my! :( Hope they get it figured out and taken care of. Wow! We brought our Terry home from the dealership while waiting for parts. I'd rather have it here. We hope the new hub will be in soon...we may take care of it ourselves if it is delayed much longer. We have reservations at various campgrounds with monies paid.

Did they get your roof fixed?

BobbyandGenee

I am going to have to dig through emails. Someone emailed me (I thought it was you) after I posted about the loose front panel. They are a Terry owner. Their roof started to "bubble" after their road trip. I never heard back and they never posted on this page.

Furious10

I am going to have to dig through emails. Someone emailed me (I thought it was you) after I posted about the loose front panel. They are a Terry owner. Their roof started to "bubble" after their road trip. I never heard back and they never posted on this page.

Wish they would join here. We don't have a problem that we can see.