ATF: Landmark - Rear Camera wiring

tdp100508

I installed a rear camera on my 2018 Landmark 365 Newport and it works fine. It has constant power. My question is, where does the wiring originate? I would like to install a switch to turn it off when not in use.

richheck

Seasoned Member
When I installed mine I found he power source to be constant on also. I tapped into the clearance wire above so now the camera is on only when the clearance lights are on being I tow with my lights on all the time - problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tdp100508

When I installed mine I found he power source to be constant on also. I tapped into the clearance wire above so now the camera is on only when the clearance lights are on being I tow with my lights on all the time - problem solved.

That may be my option. Thank you Rich

richheck

Seasoned Member
What's good about it is you don't have to stop and turn on the camera, just turn on your headlights. All done from the drivers seat.

danemayer

You probably have 2 fuse holders like the one shown in the attached photo. One of them is likely for the camera. Pull one fuse at a time to find out if the camera goes off.

Attachments

• Front Compartment Fuse Holder.jpg
    Front Compartment Fuse Holder.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 126

tdp100508

You probably have 2 fuse holders like the one shown in the attached photo. One of them is likely for the camera. Pull one fuse at a time to find out if the camera goes off.

I found three separate fuses like you show. One 10A, one 15A, one 20A. Pulled all three one at a time. Camera blue LED did not turn off with any of them.

DougS

Doug S
I found three separate fuses like you show. One 10A, one 15A, one 20A. Pulled all three one at a time. Camera blue LED did not turn off with any of them.

I just cut in a switch for my Bighorn and I found the fuse in the inside at the control panal, it was double taped with the fuse for the bedroom thermostat. If yours isn't in the front storage compartment, you might try by the inside fuse area. I pulled one fuse at a time till the camera went off.

bkgarcia

Rich where is this wire you tap into
Thanks Brian

richheck

Seasoned Member
Rich where is this wire you tap into
Thanks Brian

Right above the camera mount, the three clearance lights are daisy chained across. Just tapped into the middle one just above the camera. Used a 12 volt Test light with a long lead to the frame for a ground to identify the hot wire.