Bed Slope

Greggshere

My wife sleeps on the wall side, and I sleep on the outside. The bed feels like it is sloping down from the outside wall to the middle of the camper. It feels like I could roll out of bed at times. Is it just mine or do other Terry owners feel the same way. I think I'm going to strip the bed down and pull the mattress off and see if the box under it is made wrong and is not level or something. The wife says her side feels level but that when she moves over to my side she feels the slope as well.

'Lil Guy'

could be the mattress is broken down on your side. I seem to roll off on our mattress and we flipped it and now it's DW's problem,lol These aren't the best mattresses that come with the rig.

Greggshere

Thanks, might just need to get a better mattress. This one is two pieces because of the power head raise. Might be difficult to find one like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Furious10

My wife sleeps on the wall side, and I sleep on the outside. The bed feels like it is sloping down from the outside wall to the middle of the camper. It feels like I could roll out of bed at times. Is it just mine or do other Terry owners feel the same way. I think I'm going to strip the bed down and pull the mattress off and see if the box under it is made wrong and is not level or something. The wife says her side feels level but that when she moves over to my side she feels the slope as well.

Same here. If you feel under the mattress edge, it is not supported by the plywood. I believe that's the problem. I will be cutting a new piece of plywood to support the mattress better and add lift shocks to get to the under-bed storage easier. They aren't the best mattresses but will have to do until I find a suitable replacement. My DH has no problem, but he can sleep anywhere at anytime on anything...lol.

Greggshere

Same here. If you feel under the mattress edge, it is not supported by the plywood. I believe that's the problem. I will be cutting a new piece of plywood to support the mattress better and add lift shocks to get to the under-bed storage easier. They aren't the best mattresses but will have to do until I find a suitable replacement. My DH has no problem, but he can sleep anywhere at anytime on anything...lol.

Thanks Pamela, that's kind of what I thought might be going on. Yeah once I strip the bed down and pull off the mattress and look at what's actually under there I should be able to figure it out and fix it. If it is just a new cut of plywood that would be great.:)

Furious10

As far as a replacement mattress, I've been researching and it seems the memory foam or foam mattresses work the best. Because of the adjustable head, we need something that is flexible enough to bend but retain it's shape. Most of the research suggests 10-12 inches thick depending on the quality of the foam. My DH is on the heavier side (6'7" and 260 lbs.), and needs the better quality (more support) foam. I have had back surgery and the more support feels good to me, also. At home we have a Sleep Number bed and love it. They make them for RV size but waaay too expensive for me to justify. I have put a pillow top mattress pad on and that helps some. We put gel infused memory foam in the teardrop and the Shasta and they were very comfortable. I might try that again. In any case, the plywood needs to be re-sized and support the whole mattress. :)

Greggshere

I got mine somewhat supported better, so it doesn't feel like it is sloping. I took the mattress off and looked and everything seemed correct under there as far as the frame work goes. I took my original table that came with the Terry and removed the scissor legs and put the top length way under the outer portion of the mattress on top of the existing waferboard and now that side doesn't seem to droop. I think that will work until we get a better mattress. I do already have an egg crate foam topper on it which helps the comfort of the existing mattress.

BobbyandGenee

We went to costco and bought a 4" topper before we ever used it. It conforms to the bend very nicely when you raise the back. But never had a sloping problem.

Greggshere

We bought a new mattress a couple of weeks ago from one of those discount mattress places. It is so much better. A standard full size fits exactly perfect. No more slope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk