2013 Elkridge 36QBCK Crack Above rear slide

jysquared

We noticed this crack at some point last year. Hasn't changed at all. Met someone at the beach that owned the same camper but 1 year older and has the same crack. I called Heartland but no "recalls" or no evidence of anyone complaining so automatically got to deal with dealership. Just seeing if anyone else has had this problem or if me and the other family we met the only 2?

**Edit to add pic link

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BFTbD3jkjQRn8gzD2

Last edited:

danemayer

Hi jysquared,

Forum software won't allow you to post pictures until you have 2 or 3 posts approved by a moderator. In the meantime, if you can post the picture somewhere on the internet, like Google photos or Photobucket, you can link to it.

danemayer

Based on posts on this forum, I would say that cracks in that location are not very common and I don't know that there's any such problem related to Elkridge or 36QBCK trailers.

The question really is what's the cause. I think we've seen one or two cracks like that where one of the welds in the aluminum side structure has cracked. But to find out, the fiberglas sidewall has to be opened up and repaired, along with repair if there is damage to the structure back there.

RV dealer capabilities vary a lot. You'll want a shop that has experience with body repairs. You might want a collision repair shop that specializes in buses, fire truck and other large vehicles.

wdk450

Thank you for the input. We will be taking it in to have it looked at. :)

It might be worth the roll of the dice to have your insurance adjuster look at it. Sometimes they cover this stuff, often they don't.

At the very least, the adjuster might know of a good RV frame and collision repairer in your area.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
What is that sticking in the corner of the crack, next to the weather strip? Did something get caught by the flange on the outer wall of the slide when retracted?

From the photo, it's difficult to see if the crack originated in the corner of the slide opening. That would be the normal initiation point of a stress crack.