Slide Floor Delamination - Repair Help

RandyDeb

New to the heartland owners club website as far as posting items goes. Doesn't take long to see that this is where the rubber meets the road!!! We have a 2009 BH 3670 that was bought used in July of 2013. Last summer a cut or crack in the linoleum showed up in front of the refrigerator after a short trip. While inspecting the underside of the slide for a cause it was noted that the leading and trailing edges of the slide were exposed underlayment (plywood) that was showing water damage and starting to delaminate. Further examination reviled that three of the four slides had the same issue, the exception being the bedroom slide. It was sealed! I talked to Heartland tech guy, but he wasn't much help because he has only been with the company for about a year and a half so he was not sure how the 09 was put together.

My question is if anyone else has this issue and how did you fix it?

The next thing found was that the rollers on the bedroom slide had actually created indentations into the underlayment to the point that the metal skin was cracked causing a hole the roller sat in while in the travel position and making the slide not want to extend when it was supposed to. There was no additional weight on or under the bed other than the mattress and bedding. The fix for this issue was two 3/16"x 4"X 28" aluminum pads for the rollers to travel on. Seams to have fixed the problem, but time will tell if it works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Randy

RandyDeb

Thanks Dan. I know of another 2009 3670 that I want to look at and see if the ends of the slide flooring are doing the same thing and if exposed. Trailers are all still in storage for winter, but not for to much longer. I'll let you know what I find out.

V/r
Randy

RandyDeb

Dan
Perfect! That is exactly the problem that I have, but on 3 of the 4 slides! I'm going to call the shop and see about getting them to make me a set.

Thank you

V/r
Randy