Cyclone 4200 awning upgrade

Sowie

Does anyone know if the carefree awnings on the 4200 (2016) has the auto retract sensor? I don’t think it does but when you go on their website most of the new awnings have a built in sensor to detect movement and auto retracts them. I was wondering if they could be retrofitted to add this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
Yes you can add it. It is part number SR0093 for the Travel'r awnings. You can get them on
Amazon or from Carefree. Kind of a pain to install.

Sowie

Thank you jleavitt11. Sounds like you have experience with this. I thought it looked pretty straight forward until I looked at the part where the new wires have to get fed down the wall to the underbelly and finally to the switch location. Any ideas on feeding the wire down the wall? I am assuming there is insulation or foam sandwiched between the inside and outside.

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
Thank you jleavitt11. Sounds like you have experience with this. I thought it looked pretty straight forward until I looked at the part where the new wires have to get fed down the wall to the underbelly and finally to the switch location. Any ideas on feeding the wire down the wall? I am assuming there is insulation or foam sandwiched between the inside and outside.

I installed one on my Cyclone this spring. In my case the switch was in the ceiling of the garage (on the bottom of the corner cabinets ) right about even with the awning wires and I didn't have to fish the wires through any walls. I don't think it would be too hard if you used a fish tape but I have not done it so I can't be sure. I installed the kit after I had the wind rip one of the support arms off the wall of the trailer. I wont put the awning out anymore when it is windy so the kit was kind of a waste. Just something to think about.....Good Luck

Sowie

Yes the rear side awning looks like a straight shot to the switch. It’s the forward awning that would be the tough one since the power and existing switch is on an interior wall. When I installed the dryer vent I cut a 4” hole in the side wall and it was solid styro foam so fish tape probably won’t work. Thanks for all the insight.

Sowie

Does anyone know if there are chases in the walls at set locations to be able to run cables and wiring? I can’t believe these sandwiched wall assemblies have the cables pre installed.

Sowie

Well I guess running wiring through walls is not a big topic here but I did get a response from Heartland that there is an aluminum conduit in the wall at the location of the awning arm that goes up to the roof. The next challenge will be running wires along there and seeing if I can fish a string between the lights and ac vents to hopefully end up at the interior wall and down to the control panel.