Anderson valve

carl.swoyer

Apparently my Anderson valve is allowing water to fill my fresh water holding tank while on city.
What is involved in repairing or replacing it.?
Seems like it would be straight forward but always good to have inside info.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

It's pretty easy. The hardest part is the darn little tiny alan screw. The new repair kit comes with the Alan wrench in it. And instructions.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
And it is not always the Anderson Valve that causes this problem. In fact, pretty close to 50% of the time, it has been the water pump that is allowing water to back flow through it and into the holding tanks. The Anderson Valve is by far the easiest and cheapest repair and if it has failed, when you pull the valve out and inspect it, the damaged O-Rings will be obvious. If you do not see any signs of damage or missing O-Rings, your problem is most likely going to be the water pump.

Rod

danemayer

And it is not always the Anderson Valve that causes this problem. In fact, pretty close to 50% of the time, it has been the water pump that is allowing water to back flow through it and into the holding tanks.

It is often the water pump causing the problem. The good news is it's not hard to diagnose. We've got a user guide that steps you through. Fresh Tank Fills By Itself.

porthole

Retired
It is often the water pump causing the problem. The good news is it's not hard to diagnose. We've got a user guide that steps you through. Fresh Tank Fills By Itself.

Across all brands that are now using the anderson valve, google search for the fresh water tank filling frequently come up with an anderson link, and much more then 50 % of the search returns.

Don't have one but I understand there are two versions? One with a plastic core and one with brass (or bronze). Anyone see different types?

danemayer

Across all brands that are now using the anderson valve, google search for the fresh water tank filling frequently come up with an anderson link, and much more then 50 % of the search returns.

Don't have one but I understand there are two versions? One with a plastic core and one with brass (or bronze). Anyone see different types?

Duane,

I'd guess that search engine results say way more about how much discussion is generated, than the ratio of failures or the total number of failures.

I had to bypass the valve and just run on tanks earlier this summer until I could get a replacement cartridge for mine. It was bypassing bad enough I had pressure issues and the pump running continuously. It happened when I switched from tank fill to normal. I called Anderson up, and they were quite helpful, and sent me a cartridge for free. When I pulled the old cartridge out one of the o rings was completely missing, and I never did find it. It must have gone into the plumbing somewhere.

LBR

I had to bypass the valve and just run on tanks earlier this summer until I could get a replacement cartridge for mine. It was bypassing bad enough I had pressure issues and the pump running continuously. It happened when I switched from tank fill to normal. I called Anderson up, and they were quite helpful, and sent me a cartridge for free. When I pulled the old cartridge out one of the o rings was completely missing, and I never did find it. It must have gone into the plumbing somewhere.
Make sure all water pressures are totally bled off before twisting the valve.

Thanks to everyone who help us newbies out. I have solved problems and saved time with this forum
I replaced the Anderson valve the first time because of the city water setting filled my tank
My water pump kept cycling on and off and finally stayed on.Check all fitting for air leaks which I could hear
Since I changed the Anderson valve I thought that wasn't the problem.Wrong, pulled out the valve and two gaskets were out. Put them back in and the problem was solved. Have to wait for Monday to order new one.Hope this helps