New Equalizer Design from Lippert

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Has anyone seen this?

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 11.49.29 AM.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C-YuCjUiMk&t=4s

Well, upon further review, I cannot find any way to purchase it. It looks like it was OEM on Keystone triple axle products, and there was already a NHTSA safety recall in August due to an improper weld.

Lippert doesn't even show it on their site as a product, except for support documentation.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

After reviewing the video a few times, I noticed it may be deceptive. The comparison video shows the competitors going over "rocks" or something, at a fairly slow speed. They show their product going over the same surface but at a much higher speed, so the impact effect is much less pronounced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

After reviewing the video a few times, I noticed it may be deceptive. The comparison video shows the competitors going over "rocks" or something, at a fairly slow speed. They show their product going over the same surface but at a much higher speed, so the impact effect is much less pronounced.

Those darn marketing folks. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

TravelTiger

Those darn marketing folks. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Yep, it seems to be a pattern with Lippert, find a way to solve a problem you didn't know you had, because the products on your rig (that they probably built) don't do what they are supposed to.

(That's my opinion.)

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Our new Cyclone came with MorRyde CRE3000 suspension. There is a noticeable difference in pulling.

TravelTiger

Who did Lippert buy out this time?

I also found a trademark request for "Road Armor" that has since been abandoned by Lippert. So maybe the fact that the product came out in May, and was recalled in August, and is now not available for sale anywhere not even their site, says something about it.

SNOKING

I also found a trademark request for "Road Armor" that has since been abandoned by Lippert. So maybe the fact that the product came out in May, and was recalled in August, and is now not available for sale anywhere not even their site, says something about it.

Keystone is installing it as an OEM center point suspension. We recently purchased a 2019 small Laredo commuter trailer built this late spring and it has the Road Armor equalizer and wet bolts. Chris

sengli

Keystone also is using that name (road armor) on the flex type pin boxes they are installing on the montana's we looked at several weeks ago.

SNOKING

Keystone also is using that name (road armor) on the flex type pin boxes they are installing on the montana's we looked at several weeks ago.
\
To be correct, "Lippert" is using the name! BTW there are after market Road Armor Bumpers which I believe they have a Trade Mark on. Chris

NYSUPstater

I've been very happy w/ the CRE 3000's. Saw the CRE 4000 at Hershey last w/e and thought hmmmmmmmm. However, saw right after that someone posted a HUGE failure pic of the 4000 where the rubber essentially got pushed out the bottom of the housing it was in. So that being said, makes me think I may just keep the 3000's for now.

SNOKING

I've been very happy w/ the CRE 3000's. Saw the CRE 4000 at Hershey last w/e and thought hmmmmmmmm. However, saw right after that someone posted a HUGE failure pic of the 4000 where the rubber essentially got pushed out the bottom of the housing it was in. So that being said, makes me think I may just keep the 3000's for now.

There have been many failures of different "improved" equalizer systems. Chris