New members, new Big Country owners in waiting

RonandJacki

Member #4106
New owners, almost, of a 2018 3155RLK. Waiting for it to arrive at our dealer. Unfortunately, at the moment no one seems to know where it is. This will be our full time home. Well be stationary for a couple years untill DW is able to fully retire. We'll be around for some time, hope to get to a rally up here in Oregon.

jimtoo

Re: New members, new owners in waiting

Hi RonandJacki,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit when you get it.
Jim M

jbeletti

Congrats on your Big Country order RonandJacki!

Couple of ideas for you:

1. Call Heartland in the morning at 877-262-5992 and ask for Big Country sales. They should be able to find the status / location of your coach.

2. Join the Heartland Owners Club! It's fast and free to join (link)

RonandJacki

Member #4106
Thanks for the welcome to the Big Country group. Apparently the delay was due to an electrical issue discovered during the factory PDI. Even though this puts a wrinkle in our schedule, I do appreciate that the issue was discovered at the plant and fixed and not passed on to our dealer. Perhaps there may have been other issues to be addressed as well.

We are on a time crunch since our house has been sold and we are on a time frame to vacate these premises by January 28th. Both Heartland and our dealer are stepping up to accommodate our time line. We are anxious to get into the Big Country as it is a beautiful rig.

'Lil Guy'

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new purchase. Check out the HOC and hope to meet you down the road.

Oregon_Camper

Guessing you bought from Curtis...either in Portland or Aloha?

You can download my Pre-Delivery Inspection document, by clicking on the link in my signature below. If this is your first RV, you might consider looking over our "Recommended Gear" page as well. Might be helpful in preparing your RV for great trips!

This document will take you about 4 hours to complete (don't rush it) and will ensure you understand all the operations of the trailer as well as having you inspect the trailer. This will help you find all sorts of "gotcha" stuff that might not pop up until later down the road (ie...when your 100's of miles from an RV shop). No matter what the dealer says, their PDI will never cover everything.

Complete this PDI and get dealer to fix all issue before paying for trailer...that way the dealer is very motivated to finish.

RonandJacki

Member #4106
Thanks Oregon_Camper. Actually we bought the 5er at Blue Dog in Gresham. Also, I've had your site saved on my rv home page for a while as a "go to" reference for equipment.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats! We love our BC. Be sure to post pics when you get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RonandJacki

Member #4106
Thanks, Erica. If and when our BC ever gets here I'll take plenty of pictures of it. Apparently it left Elkhart this morning, not sure if it's with a solo driver or a team.

NYSUPstater

WELCOME fellow BC owners!!!! We became part of the group just about this time last year and man-o-man talk about a wealth of knowledge and some humorous wit tossed in.

More than likely it is a solo driver bringing your coach out and I do believe they have to adhere to DOT regs, so may be 2-3 days before it actually arrives.

RonandJacki

Member #4106
Thanks NYSUPstater. Yeah, our unit will be, supposedly, delivered on Saturday. I just talked to our salesman. You're correct, the toters are commercial drivers and are regulated by DOT rules. However, unless there is some problem involving law enforcement, they're almost never checked. I've actually dropped a dime on one for being stupid, he did get pulled over and I never saw him again. Probably over a log book violation. I take my safety extremely serious and he screwed up while passing me on a skinny two lane road. I have zero tolerance for arrogance and/ or stupidity. Vehicle type does not matter. My preference would have been to load the unit on a lowboy and have it hauled out.

RonandJacki

Member #4106
Our rig finally got here this past Monday morning. WOOHOO! We got our walkthrough and orientation this afternoon, that took about two hours. Very thorough, but that was a lot of information. It's amazing how much electronics there are on these rigs these days. It got too late to move it to our park, so we're one more night in the hotel. I didn't want to disturb our new neighbors this evening. So excited to have it and ready to move into.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our rig finally got here this past Monday morning. WOOHOO! We got our walkthrough and orientation this afternoon, that took about two hours. Very thorough, but that was a lot of information. It's amazing how much electronics there are on these rigs these days. It got too late to move it to our park, so we're one more night in the hotel. I didn't want to disturb our new neighbors this evening. So excited to have it and ready to move into.

Congrats! Be sure to share some pics, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

We are picking up our 2018 3560 SS tomorrow. Looking forward to many new adventures within Texas and beyond.

Be sure to inquire about any updates/bulletins on the hallway/bedroom slide for reinforcement of trim piece to side of coach. PM me if you want for more info.