2019 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

jbeletti

Just throwing the out there, maybe a longer tour at the factory, or some more one-on-one with GMs in smaller group settings? Maybe meeting some actual assembly line workers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly - I don't think this will be possible. The factory floor is too tight and active to do a live tour with our group size. Also, with as many small groups to get through the tour, slower is difficult to manage as we are on a timeline with other items for that day.

jbeletti

Re: 2019 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread new pre rally outings

If they are still available, the private tours of the military, pedal cars and Studebaker collections were outstanding.

Duane - I agree. We've given these a rest and it's possibly time to repeat them. That said, as they are privately owned collections, whether we can gain access is unknown. But I "know a guy" who knows these guys.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Did this at the last Goshen rally and it seemed to be a hit with the exception of the student chosen to lead one of the tours. I guess she was real soft-spoken and difficult to hear by our group.

This may be worth repeating. Possibly the entire South Bend tour we did in 2017 is worth repeating as it's only been done once.

This is one I was upset that we missed last year. But I also want to do the service and pdi center if you put that one together and Jo would do shopping trip as she hasn’t done it with the group yet.

jbeletti

This is one I was upset that we missed last year. But I also want to do the service and pdi center if you put that one together and Jo would do shopping trip as she hasn’t done it with the group yet.

Andy - by "shopping trip", I assume you mean the Amish Countryside Tour? This has stops at various Amish stores. It's always sold-out and we'll likely always have one bus doing this tour.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Andy - by "shopping trip", I assume you mean the Amish Countryside Tour? This has stops at various Amish stores. It's always sold-out and we'll likely always have one bus doing this tour.

Exactly. Sorry couldn’t remember name.

Yardman67

We are new to this and will be our first rally. Would like more info on how to pre-register. We would like to do the pre-rally and the rally itself. Thank You

Yardman 67

jbeletti

We are new to this and will be our first rally. Would like more info on how to pre-register. We would like to do the pre-rally and the rally itself. Thank You

Yardman 67

Hi Yardman - for now, what we can tell you is:
- The signup process will be online only
- The signup process is "planned" to begin on March 1st, 2019
- Club members will be notified ahead of time (February) with more details on signup
- You will be given the opportunity to signup for your pre-rally days, the same time you signup for the rally
- There will be a first-timers orientation meeting on the final day of the pre-rally

Hope this helps.

jargan

Jargan
Please use this thread to discuss the 2019 North American Heartland Owners Rally to be held in Goshen, Indiana.

Registration is planned to open for this rally at 12:00 noon, March 1, 2019. Please, DO NOT contact the venue with any questions at this time. Ask them here in this Discussion Thread.

Details:
------------------------------------------------------
  • Pre-Rally From: 6/3/2019 to: 6/9/2019
  • Rally From: 6/10/2019 to: 6/16/2019
  • Number of sites held: 259
  • Rally fee: $350 (1 RV and up to 2 people)
  • Pre-Rally Nightly Fee: $25/night
Thanks for your feedback.[/QUOTE

Jie and I want to attend the 2019 North American Heartland Owners Rally. Count us in.
Jim Arganbright

Last edited by a moderator:

david-steph2018

Steph and I would like to attend. But we need to know what section and area would fit the Road Warrior. We have a 427 and have already found some rallys we can't get into because our unit is 45 feet long and the campgrounds can't handle it.

We both are planning on retiring June 1, 2019. Not only a rally but a retirement party!!!!!

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Steph and I would like to attend. But we need to know what section and area would fit the Road Warrior. We have a 427 and have already found some rallys we can't get into because our unit is 45 feet long and the campgrounds can't handle it.

We both are planning on retiring June 1, 2019. Not only a rally but a retirement party!!!!!

I believe you can fit any where at the fairgrounds, size is not an issue here.

Kbvols

Dave, for the most part you can fit in most areas length wise however there are spots on Maple street that I believe are limited to 40' and are tight to get into. The rally team does a great job of identifying areas/sites with size restrictions. Some spots however may not be wide enough for you to put out your side patio. I cannot say that for certain but based on prior experience may be doubtful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oldelevatorman

We'd love to attend our first National rally. We'll try to firm things up over the next few months as we have a lot of different trips we're trying to decide on, that being #1!

mthompson

We sure enjoyed the June 2017 Rally. Plan on making the 2019 Rally. Planning our route now from the SW corner of the USA.

BTW Jim B. I found this on the Main page of the rallies.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/70040-EVENT-North-American-Heartland-Rally-IN-Goshen-6-10-2019-to-6-16-2019?p=579675#post579675

Rally fee: $275 for 1 RV and 1 person: $350 for 1 RV and 2 people: (increasing by $75 per registration for each additional person over 1).

• On the link to the 2019 Nat. it says: Rally fee: $305 (1 RV and up to 2 people)

Is it $305 or $350? Rally fee is $350

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
We sure enjoyed the June 2017 Rally. Plan on making the 2019 Rally. Planning our route now from the SW corner of the USA.

BTW Jim B. I found this on the Main page of the rallies.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/70040-EVENT-North-American-Heartland-Rally-IN-Goshen-6-10-2019-to-6-16-2019?p=579675#post579675

Rally fee: $275 for 1 RV and 1 person: $350 for 1 RV and 2 people: (increasing by $75 per registration for each additional person over 1).

• On the link to the 2019 Nat. it says: Rally fee: $305 (1 RV and up to 2 people)

Is it $305 or $350?
Rally fee is $350

First post shows this

• Pre-Rally From: 6/3/2019 to: 6/9/2019
  • Rally From: 6/10/2019 to: 6/16/2019
  • Number of sites held: 259
  • Rally fee: $305 (1 RV and up to 2 people)
  • Pre-Rally Nightly Fee: $25/night

mthompson

BigJim45

Thanks for answering but what I was trying to point out to Jim Beletti is that in one place it says it'll be $350.00 for 1 RV and 2 people, in another place it says it'll be $305.00 foe 1 RV and 2 people.

I'm sure it's just a typo, but I wasn't sure which one was correct. Just trying to help.:) Hope to see you at the rally no matter which price is correct.

jbeletti

BigJim45

Thanks for answering but what I was trying to point out to Jim Beletti is that in one place it says it'll be $350.00 for 1 RV and 2 people, in another place it says it'll be $305.00 foe 1 RV and 2 people.

I'm sure it's just a typo, but I wasn't sure which one was correct. Just trying to help.:) Hope to see you at the rally no matter which price is correct.

I’ll try to get this sorted out tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know of the discrepancy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk