2019 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

jbeletti

Barb and I are interested in attending. This would be our first National Rally.

Regards,
Tony

Russ & I are looking forward to going first timers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys! We look forward to having you both at the rally. Note too that we will hold a First-timers session the last day of the pre-rally (Sunday). This session gives all the first-time Goshen rally attendees a good sense of what to expect at the rally and a time of Q&A before things begin. Hope you can come in for some part of the week long pre-rally.

MikeR

Mike Sokol from "The No Shock Zone" would be an excellent presenter for one of the technical presentations. His presentations are pretty complete regarding RV electrical systems and he explains in language that everyone can understand.

No comment in regards to Mike Sokol as a presenter?

jbeletti

No comment in regards to Mike Sokol as a presenter?

I'm pondering it.

I rarely pay to bring in speakers, relying more on local presenters from the RV community. That said, I am reaching out to Mike to see what he's up to and if he travels to do this sort of thing.

Thanks Mike.

DebiMac

Jim, right now this is on our list.

To anyone who hasn’t attended a national rally...go! They are awesome. Be sure to go to the pre-rally also... the tours are amazing. We learned so much at the rally and met so many wonderful people!

Jim, were you interested/able to contact the ghost lady I mentioned some time ago? (No, she’s not the ghost...she just visits very interesting areas!). Her session was absolutely packed at the SOB-type rally we attended.

jbeletti

Jim, right now this is on our list.

To anyone who hasn’t attended a national rally...go! They are awesome. Be sure to go to the pre-rally also... the tours are amazing. We learned so much at the rally and met so many wonderful people!

Jim, were you interested/able to contact the ghost lady I mentioned some time ago? (No, she’s not the ghost...she just visits very interesting areas!). Her session was absolutely packed at the SOB-type rally we attended.

Debi - please email me with the Ghost Lady info as I have forgotten. Thank you. Hope you and John are well.

MikeR

I'm pondering it.

I rarely pay to bring in speakers, relying more on local presenters from the RV community. That said, I am reaching out to Mike to see what he's up to and if he travels to do this sort of thing.

Thanks Mike.

Thanks Jim. I believe that his presentation would be worth the cost. I know that most of the presenters come from the Indiana RV community and all do a great job. I would pay to hear his presentation, to offset or subsidize his charges. If judging about RV electrical knowledge, from owners, just look at all the posts on the forum.

Abear79

Charlie Brown carved out a tree
bca9a79211ad7ca5998f0e9e10a99f0f.jpg

jdamude

Please use this thread to discuss the 2019 North American Heartland Owners Rally to be held in Goshen, Indiana.

Registration is planned to open for this rally at 12:00 noon, March 1, 2019. Please, DO NOT contact the venue with any questions at this time. Ask them here in this Discussion Thread.

Details:
------------------------------------------------------
  • Pre-Rally From: 6/3/2019 to: 6/9/2019
  • Rally From: 6/10/2019 to: 6/16/2019
  • Number of sites held: 259
  • Rally fee: $350 (1 RV and up to 2 people)
  • Pre-Rally Nightly Fee: $25/night
Thanks for your feedback.

Pam and I will be attending. We are going on the road again after this season.

DebiMac

Sadly - I don't think this will be possible. The factory floor is too tight and active to do a live tour with our group size. Also, with as many small groups to get through the tour, slower is difficult to manage as we are on a timeline with other items for that day.
. But we will be doing the tour, right? That was certainly a highly for us last time!

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome to hear. Even now, we work a little bit on this rally each week. Got my bus quotes in today and working on an RFQ for golf cart rentals. Hired one entertainer last month and working on another this week.

The plan is coming together!
Are golf carts reserved during the registration process?

jbeletti

. But we will be doing the tour, right? That was certainly a highly for us last time!

- - - Updated - - -

Are golf carts reserved during the registration process?

Hi Debi - yes, we will still be doing the Heartland factory tours. The plan is to do them Friday of rally week instead of Saturday.

Yes, Golf Carts are planned to be available at our cost and you will sign up for the rentals during the rally registration process.

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
By the way Jim, my wife has mentioned this before but
I just want to refresh your memory. There are many quilters who would like to have bus transportation tour to the many quilt shops in the area. This will have to be paid for by the tour participants of course. Also there was a lady we had talked to rats rally who was familiar with the area, whose name we forgot, was interested. Will you and your helpers have enough time to work on this please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

By the way Jim, my wife has mentioned this before but
I just want to refresh your memory. There are many quilters who would like to have bus transportation tour to the many quilt shops in the area. This will have to be paid for by the tour participants of course. Also there was a lady we had talked to rats rally who was familiar with the area, whose name we forgot, was interested. Will you and your helpers have enough time to work on this please?

Thanks for the reminder. I didn’t know there were several quilt shops in the area. I’ve reached out to Sonya at the Elkhart Tourist Convention Bureau for more info. If anyone knows, Sonya will know.

Once I have that info, I’ll see what we can put together. Note that all optional fee based side tours will be during the pre-rally week. Interested parties need to know that. Usually Wed, Thu and Friday is when we do the pre-rally tours.

Thanks for the reminder.

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would definitely be up for a quilt tour. There are quite a few quilters in the NE region!