Shore power for battery charging

cruzin101

Can I keep my 2018 malllard m27connected to shore power to maintain the battery while it is in storage or it better to get a battery tender or similiar device.

sengli

You most definitely can do that. Keep in mind though, you will need to check the water levels in that battery at least three times a year. I know mine when plugged in, stays charged...but the water always is low after several months. The other thought is if you dont want to leave your rig plugged in, you could un-hook the RV, from the battery, and use a tender on it too.

cruzin101

You most definitely can do that. Keep in mind though, you will need to check the water levels in that battery at least three times a year. I know mine when plugged in, stays charged...but the water always is low after several months. The other thought is if you dont want to leave your rig plugged in, you could un-hook the RV, from the battery, and use a tender on it too.

Thanks for the info!

porthole

Retired
Check your converter. Not all of them have the "smart charger" feature built in, some require a 'dongle' to get the feature.

richheck

Seasoned Member
On one of my older coaches that didn’t have the “ smart charge” ability I installed a 110 volt timer inline to the charger and set it for about 8 hours a day to eliminate the boiling issue. Worked great for years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro