Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Pot water fill

  1. Print this Post   #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    USA - FL
    Posts
    82

    Pot water fill

    Iím positive my fresh water tank is close to empty. When attempting to add water
    the water returns back out just as it would behave if it were full
    and overflowing. Any / All advice appreciated.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    2018 Pioneer RL250
    2018 F150 Sport, 5.0, WDH,
    Prodigy EBC, Pedal Cmdr.
    SCPO(SW), USN, Ret.
    SEA Newport, RI, Class 55
    Ham N4XRV

  2. Print this Post   #2
    Senior Member jnbhobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA - PA
    Posts
    5,685

    Re: Pot water fill

    Blow out the vent line

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Patti & Jon Holbert
    PJ (Welsh Springer Spaniel rescue)
    Freckles (Welsh Springer Spaniel)RIP
    Erie,Pa.
    Heartland Owners Club #1025
    2009 BH 3370 #9E012371 Sailun S637's on 17.5 in Mod Wheels,8K Hubs, Mor-Ryde Independent Suspension, Disc Brakes, Reese Fifth Airborne, Level-up,LED Lights,awning on slideout and BU lights
    2019 F-350 Lariat Ultimate Limited, DRW, 4X4,4.10 LS Gears,40K GCWR, CC, LB,Dual Moon Roofs, Cameras, Adaptive Cruise
    2015 Explorer XLT Sport, 4X4, Dual Moon Roofs, 20" Wheels.
    08 Branson,MI,
    09 Goshen,PA,MO
    10 East Coast,PA,OH,Nashville,NY,ON,Illinois
    11 Cherokee,NJ,PA,Goshen,Delaware,Illinois,NY,
    12 Virginia Beach,PA,NY,WI,MI, Illinois,Minnesota
    13 Gettysburg, Goshen, NY, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa
    14 Urbanna, Va.,ON,PA.,Illinois, NY.
    15 Goshen,NE Regional,NY, PA, Illinois,
    16 Lancaster, SE, SC,NC,NE Regionals, ON, VA, PA, NY
    17 VA,Goshen,IL,WI,OH,MD,NJ,NY
    18 NE Regional, NY
    19 PA,NY,Goshen,Rally,Pre,Pre-Pre-Rally

  3. Print this Post   #3
    Moderator danemayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA - CO
    Posts
    19,202

    Re: Pot water fill

    I'm assuming you have the gravity fill type of water inlet to fill the fresh tank, as opposed to the 4-way Anderson Valve.

    There may be a small vent next to the gravity fill inlet. Use a short piece of hose or tubing to blow air into the vent. That will clear any water stuck in the vent line.

    If it still backs up, you may have a low spot where the hose sags between the inlet and the connection to the fresh tank. You'd have to poke behind walls and above the coroplast to investigate that possibility. Or if in warranty, your dealer can. Or if it's easier and less expensive to pay the travel charge for a mobile servicer, call Heartland to get approval in advance, to use the mobile servicer for warranty.

    You may also have fresh tank overflow drain(s) coming out the sides along the frame, terminating in a 90 degree PEX fitting. If so, you may be able to use the PEX fitting as an alternate fill inlet. You'd need rig up some fittings to connect the hose to the PEX. Metering the water being added will help avoid overfilling. Inexpensive garden hose meters can be purchased from Amazon and other places.


    Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

    2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS


    Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

    Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

  4. Print this Post   #4
    Senior Member Bogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA - CA
    Posts
    346

    Re: Pot water fill

    You might try cutting a short piece off the end of a flexable garden hose (about 16 inches) leaving the female connector so you can connect it to a regular hose end. You can then feed the cut off end into the gravity fill a short way. The fill line usually makes a turn just inside the fill opening. I had the same problem and this worked for me.
    Joe and Luise

    2018 Sundance XLT 289 TS

    Here are My Mods from my previous Sundance


  5. Print this Post   #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    USA - FL
    Posts
    82

    Re: Pot water fill

    Quote Originally Posted by danemayer View Post
    I'm assuming you have the gravity fill type of water inlet to fill the fresh tank, as opposed to the 4-way Anderson Valve.

    There may be a small vent next to the gravity fill inlet. Use a short piece of hose or tubing to blow air into the vent. That will clear any water stuck in the vent line.

    If it still backs up, you may have a low spot where the hose sags between the inlet and the connection to the fresh tank. You'd have to poke behind walls and above the coroplast to investigate that possibility. Or if in warranty, your dealer can. Or if it's easier and less expensive to pay the travel charge for a mobile servicer, call Heartland to get approval in advance, to use the mobile servicer for warranty.

    You may also have fresh tank overflow drain(s) coming out the sides along the frame, terminating in a 90 degree PEX fitting. If so, you may be able to use the PEX fitting as an alternate fill inlet. You'd need rig up some fittings to connect the hose to the PEX. Metering the water being added will help avoid overfilling. Inexpensive garden hose meters can be purchased from Amazon and other places.
    appreciate your help, when you say blow air, do you mean compressed air or by mouth?
    Dave and Sue Dion
    2018 Pioneer RL250
    2018 F150 Sport, 5.0, WDH,
    Prodigy EBC, Pedal Cmdr.
    SCPO(SW), USN, Ret.
    SEA Newport, RI, Class 55
    Ham N4XRV

  6. Print this Post   #6
    Senior Member jerryjay11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA - DE
    Posts
    391

    Re: Pot water fill

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    You might try cutting a short piece off the end of a flexable garden hose (about 16 inches) leaving the female connector so you can connect it to a regular hose end. You can then feed the cut off end into the gravity fill a short way. The fill line usually makes a turn just inside the fill opening. I had the same problem and this worked for me.
    This is how I fill my fresh water tank and haven't had any problem. On the TT there is just the fill hose and a vent line that sits beside the fill so as the tank gets full the vent will have water overflowing, but filling the tank too fast without the short flexible water hose as suggested and I get backflow.
    Jerry and Editha J.
    2015 Chevy Silverado, 6.0
    Four Dogs, King, Max, Maggie, and Layla
    RL250 Pioneer

  7. Print this Post   #7
    Moderator danemayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA - CO
    Posts
    19,202

    Re: Pot water fill

    Quote Originally Posted by SCPOSWRET View Post
    appreciate your help, when you say blow air, do you mean compressed air or by mouth?
    By mouth will do it.


    Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

    2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS


    Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

    Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

  8. Print this Post   #8
    Senior Member jnbhobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA - PA
    Posts
    5,685

    Re: Pot water fill

    Take a washing machine hose and cut one end off works great for filling Your water tank

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Patti & Jon Holbert
    PJ (Welsh Springer Spaniel rescue)
    Freckles (Welsh Springer Spaniel)RIP
    Erie,Pa.
    Heartland Owners Club #1025
    2009 BH 3370 #9E012371 Sailun S637's on 17.5 in Mod Wheels,8K Hubs, Mor-Ryde Independent Suspension, Disc Brakes, Reese Fifth Airborne, Level-up,LED Lights,awning on slideout and BU lights
    2019 F-350 Lariat Ultimate Limited, DRW, 4X4,4.10 LS Gears,40K GCWR, CC, LB,Dual Moon Roofs, Cameras, Adaptive Cruise
    2015 Explorer XLT Sport, 4X4, Dual Moon Roofs, 20" Wheels.
    08 Branson,MI,
    09 Goshen,PA,MO
    10 East Coast,PA,OH,Nashville,NY,ON,Illinois
    11 Cherokee,NJ,PA,Goshen,Delaware,Illinois,NY,
    12 Virginia Beach,PA,NY,WI,MI, Illinois,Minnesota
    13 Gettysburg, Goshen, NY, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa
    14 Urbanna, Va.,ON,PA.,Illinois, NY.
    15 Goshen,NE Regional,NY, PA, Illinois,
    16 Lancaster, SE, SC,NC,NE Regionals, ON, VA, PA, NY
    17 VA,Goshen,IL,WI,OH,MD,NJ,NY
    18 NE Regional, NY
    19 PA,NY,Goshen,Rally,Pre,Pre-Pre-Rally

  9. Print this Post   #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    USA - FL
    Posts
    82

    Re: Pot water fill

    Quote Originally Posted by jerryjay11 View Post
    This is how I fill my fresh water tank and haven't had any problem. On the TT there is just the fill hose and a vent line that sits beside the fill so as the tank gets full the vent will have water overflowing, but filling the tank too fast without the short flexible water hose as suggested and I get backflow.
    Tks again Jerry, going to try these suggestions tomorrow.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    2018 Pioneer RL250
    2018 F150 Sport, 5.0, WDH,
    Prodigy EBC, Pedal Cmdr.
    SCPO(SW), USN, Ret.
    SEA Newport, RI, Class 55
    Ham N4XRV

  10. Print this Post   #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    USA - FL
    Posts
    82

    Re: Pot water fill

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    You might try cutting a short piece off the end of a flexable garden hose (about 16 inches) leaving the female connector so you can connect it to a regular hose end. You can then feed the cut off end into the gravity fill a short way. The fill line usually makes a turn just inside the fill opening. I had the same problem and this worked for me.
    Much thanks to you and all who responded. I tried somewhat of a combination of all the suggestions; I make up the 16 inch garden hose piece and it work fine but only after pushing the female end of the hose up TIGHT
    to the black fill hole and holding it firmly in place during the fill. I'd estimate only about 2-3 percent of water returned and the rest went into the FW holding tank. I opened the valve on the hose only a little bit so it took about 10 minutes to get 2/3 full but that's ok with me as long as it worked. Part of my original problem was that I was expecting to simply place a hose a short distance into the fill hole and that would simply put water into the tank. Obviously, like many
    other issues with these TT's there seems to be a particular understanding of how they work and a particular knack at applying the solution.

    Again, thanks to all for your experienced suggestions to this newbee traveler.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    2018 Pioneer RL250
    2018 F150 Sport, 5.0, WDH,
    Prodigy EBC, Pedal Cmdr.
    SCPO(SW), USN, Ret.
    SEA Newport, RI, Class 55
    Ham N4XRV

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HELP! Fresh water fill
    By diesel_doberman in forum Fresh Water Systems
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-03-2016, 07:07 AM
  2. City water hookup-how to fill fresh water tank
    By herefishy in forum Faucets, Sinks, Showers, Fresh Water Tanks, Valves and Lines
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 08:49 AM
  3. water out of fill
    By bowtieboy in forum Faucets, Sinks, Showers, Fresh Water Tanks, Valves and Lines
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 07:31 PM
  4. Help with Fresh Water Fill
    By Joy & Jeff in forum Faucets, Sinks, Showers, Fresh Water Tanks, Valves and Lines
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 10:54 AM
  5. Water fill
    By roy in forum Faucets, Sinks, Showers, Fresh Water Tanks, Valves and Lines
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 10:09 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •