Storage under 5th wheel stairs

orion7144

I framed in the back of my stairs leading to the bedroom in the basement. I am trying to figure out how to hinge one or both of my stairs leading to the bedroom so I could have more storage for say dirty shoes etc. Any ideas? I plan on getting rid of the carpet on them and using some left over laminate flooring I have.

LBR

I framed in the back of my stairs leading to the bedroom in the basement. I am trying to figure out how to hinge one or both of my stairs leading to the bedroom so I could have more storage for say dirty shoes etc. Any ideas? I plan on getting rid of the carpet on them and using some left over laminate flooring I have.

Please post up pictures of your basement bedroom...must have been quite the upgrade.

orion7144

Lol guess I didn't word that correctly. I framed in the back of the stairs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GregP

I don't have any suggestions regarding adding the storage, but you want to be careful what type of laminate flooring you use on the stairs. I know from past experience that some get EXTREMELY slippery when below freezing. We had a lake cottage in Northern Ontario that we used intermittently in the winter, and when we first went out, the floors would be very slippery until we got the interior up to well above freezing. May not be an issue for you tho.