Fuel 352 issues?

cben66

Anyone here have a Fuel 352 with issues? I had a horrible experience purchasing this RV but that is besides the point. Ever since I have taken delivery of my 2018 Fuel 352 I have had issues. It started with leaking water fittings then proceeded to go to drainage issues with loose drain pipes and also bad seals in my Dump valves. The next issue I've had is getting local channels with the antenna as it isn't working and all the coax cable fittings were loose throughout the entire RV. Now the latest issue is the slide bracket is broken at the top. I just want to see if anyone else is experiencing these issues as this is my first personal RV though I have camped in RVS since being a kid and never had any issues like this. I was under the impression that HEARTLAND was a reputable company and made quality RV's however I am seeing different at this time.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I suggest that you look at all of the coax F-connectors to be sure that there are no shielding wires touching the center traveler. Be sure that the antenna booster is turned on as well as setting the input on your TV to the proper source then do a channel scan.
For your slide issue, it sounds like that is something your dealer should be looking at.
If you are still under warranty the broke part should be covered.

Peace
Dave

Nina9ah

We just purchased a 352 as well. The dealership had ours in warranty for 45 days after purchase to fix all the issues we found with the walk through. We have ours setup at home now and I can't get any channels to come through without digitalization. I think it "found" 4-6 channels overall. If it's this bad in my subdivision in a fairly populated area, I don't have much faith in picking up signals on the road. Pretty sure I have everything setup properly. We toured so many RVs I can't remember if this one was the one that picked up channels great at the dealership.

GregP

We don't have a Fuel, but we have used our antenna almost exclusively when travelling and not had problems with signals where available. Even had good reception up in the Yukon. The only place I can't get an "over the air" signal is is my own driveway at home. Don't watch enough TV to warrant a satellite, and cable is available in many parks if we want it.

sengli

We recently took possession of our new rig, and pretty much every coax fitting I found was loose. But our over the air reception is pretty good where ever we have been. I dont do satellite TV stuff either. You are remembering to turn on your antenna signal amp, right? There is one somewhere in your coach, it has a switch to turn on power to it (red LED will light up).

Nina9ah

So I guess the signal varies even when the camper is stationary. I just went out again and checked all my channels and now I have 12 channels coming through clear instead of just 4 digitalized ones. I didn't turn the King Jack antenna knob but I guess I could try that the next time it flakes on me. Btw, the Fuel 352 has the AUX/SAT switch in the bedroom wall and lights green for on or no light for off. @cben66, is your light on?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Sounds like you both got the new omni-direction TV antennas (the ones that you don't have to crank up)...

Too bad that the entire RV industry seems to have gone that route as they are junk!

Glad I still have the batwing crank-up arm with a King/Jack replacement antenna on it!

Best RV antenna ever!

Wish the RV industry would go with them instead.

Here is mine:

ProwlerMaxxAirFrontDoneStorm-P1010871.jpg

cben66

Did you install this after you bought your camper? if so was it an easy install? I do have the omni-directional antenna. I just purchased a signal meter to ensure its not the antenna itself.

Sounds like you both got the new omni-direction TV antennas (the ones that you don't have to crank up)...

Too bad that the entire RV industry seems to have gone that route as they are junk!

Glad I still have the batwing crank-up arm with a King/Jack replacement antenna on it!

Best RV antenna ever!

Wish the RV industry would go with them instead.

Here is mine:

View attachment 59937

cben66

So I guess the signal varies even when the camper is stationary. I just went out again and checked all my channels and now I have 12 channels coming through clear instead of just 4 digitalized ones. I didn't turn the King Jack antenna knob but I guess I could try that the next time it flakes on me. Btw, the Fuel 352 has the AUX/SAT switch in the bedroom wall and lights green for on or no light for off. @cben66, is your light on?

Yes we turned the switch on and the light is lit up.

YES! I have a Fuel as well. Where to start with all the issues? Let’s start with the automatic transfer switch catching fire because the ground wire was installed wrong & shorted out. Luckily I was in the trailer when it burst into flames & was able to get to it by ripping the walls out of the basement before it burned the trailer down. Filled the whole trailer up with smoke but smoke detectors never went off. Thank God we were not asleep. Then there’s the leveling system. Hasn’t worked right since new. Sometimes take two hours to decide it wants to level. Twice I’ve been unable to raise the jacks to load up. They just raise one inch & go back down. Then while leveling one day only the front drivers side jack extended with no others. Lifted the whole weight of the trailer on one jack until it ran out of room & then shoved up into the camper slamming the whole rig down on my head because I was under the bedroom on the front controls trying to shut it down since the touch screen would not respond. Still under warrenty but Jmatt RV in OK says it works as it should & refuses to replace it despite the fact they had to order a new jack & repair the damage. Then there’s the super slide. First time out it ran the screw out through the skirt & jammed in the full out position after it scared the interior floor. We were stranded since we could not bring the slide in. Called Heartland & they said call a mobile repair service & we’ll reemburse you. Cost me $350...& Heartland never reembursed me then denied the claim on the damaged floor claiming it’s the owners responsibility to have the slide adjusted every six months. It was our first outing after purchase. Then there’s the A/C ducts. After taking delivery I realized I had no air from the vents. Upon inspection I found all duct work on both a/c’s was terminated six inches too short & not connected to the a/c’s allowing all air to flow into the ceiling instead of the ducts. Dealer & Heartland refused to fix it. My big window over the sofa will not close enough to lock & slides open during transport. First time I tried to use the gas side of the water heater it would not light. Dometic determined the control board was bad. Issues with Heartland Fuel??? Yeah, I got issues & both Heartland & my dealer are useless.

Nina9ah

YES! I have a Fuel as well. Where to start with all the issues? Let’s start with the automatic transfer switch catching fire because the ground wire was installed wrong & shorted out. Luckily I was in the trailer when it burst into flames & was able to get to it by ripping the walls out of the basement before it burned the trailer down. Filled the whole trailer up with smoke but smoke detectors never went off. Thank God we were not asleep. Then there’s the leveling system. Hasn’t worked right since new. Sometimes take two hours to decide it wants to level. Twice I’ve been unable to raise the jacks to load up. They just raise one inch & go back down. Then while leveling one day only the front drivers side jack extended with no others. Lifted the whole weight of the trailer on one jack until it ran out of room & then shoved up into the camper slamming the whole rig down on my head because I was under the bedroom on the front controls trying to shut it down since the touch screen would not respond. Still under warrenty but Jmatt RV in OK says it works as it should & refuses to replace it despite the fact they had to order a new jack & repair the damage. Then there’s the super slide. First time out it ran the screw out through the skirt & jammed in the full out position after it scared the interior floor. We were stranded since we could not bring the slide in. Called Heartland & they said call a mobile repair service & we’ll reemburse you. Cost me $350...& Heartland never reembursed me then denied the claim on the damaged floor claiming it’s the owners responsibility to have the slide adjusted every six months. It was our first outing after purchase. Then there’s the A/C ducts. After taking delivery I realized I had no air from the vents. Upon inspection I found all duct work on both a/c’s was terminated six inches too short & not connected to the a/c’s allowing all air to flow into the ceiling instead of the ducts. Dealer & Heartland refused to fix it. My big window over the sofa will not close enough to lock & slides open during transport. First time I tried to use the gas side of the water heater it would not light. Dometic determined the control board was bad. Issues with Heartland Fuel??? Yeah, I got issues & both Heartland & my dealer are useless.

WOW! I'm heading out for the first time next week. I sincerely hope my experience isn't the same. I've had the camper open & plugged in here at home, but haven't tried all the functions. Your post is a wake up call. I'll be going out there today and trying every function. Just an FYI, I started calling up the chain of every Heartland company rep I could get a phone number or email for and got my issues resolved. Good Luck!

It really is unfortunate that we have to go through all this to get something fixed that was done incorrectly by the manufacturer. And we are really screwed if you have to deal with CW, it seems like they are all empty suits, I will never buy from them again! I just got done fabricating & installing new supports for the fresh water tank, one was missing another was hanging by two screws & CW couldnt find where they go??? I think everyone should check under the water tank, we always travel with it full & would hate for it to fall out. Now I am removing all the rust on the chassis as CW said thats normal, not even 6 months old should look new. Otherwise we are lucky. I hope, you just have to keep an eye on everything. Good luck.

It really is unfortunate that we have to go through all this to get something fixed that was done incorrectly by the manufacturer. And we are really screwed if you have to deal with CW, it seems like they are all empty suits, I will never buy from them again! I just got done fabricating & installing new supports for the fresh water tank, one was missing another was hanging by two screws & CW couldnt find where they go??? I think everyone should check under the water tank, we always travel with it full & would hate for it to fall out. Now I am removing all the rust on the chassis as CW said thats normal, not even 6 months old should look new. Otherwise we are lucky. I hope, you just have to keep an eye on everything. Good luck.

I’m glad you mentioned this. I checked under my Fuel Toy Hauler today & discovered I have no support of any kind under my black water tank. For nine months I’ve been trying to figure out why I cant get the black tank to empty all the way. Always have a couple gallons left in there. Now I know why. The weight of the waste water causes the tank to sag in the middle & water is now sitting lower than the exit pipe. I tried to send a video & photos to Heartland CS & they won’t give me a straight answer about supports that might be missing. Do you have support braces under your black water tank?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Issue with the motor on the garage bed..It will now just go down and not go back up. Is there anyone having that issue?
I would check the down limit switch. It might be stuck.
I would also check the wires on the switch itself as well as the fuse for that lift. Check the fuse with a meter.

Peace
Dave

Jcgribks

How can you tell that you didn't have any supports under your black, gray or fresh water tanks? My 2019 352 has a fully enclosed underbelly.

danemayer

How can you tell that you didn't have any supports under your black, gray or fresh water tanks? My 2019 352 has a fully enclosed underbelly.

Tanks are typically supported along the edges and it's pretty common to sag in the center.