Slide help!!

Lgordy

Anyone have any suggestions on why the slides will not operate on our BigHorn 37SS? When I pause the button nothing happens, no noise at all on any of the four slides??

danemayer

Hi Lgordy,

If there's 1 switch for all slides, the switch may be bad or a wire may have come off. Or your battery may be dead.

The landing gear or auto leveling system also use the hydraulic pump. Try operating the landing gear to see if the hydraulic pump works. If yes, you probably have a switch or wiring problem on the slideout switch.

If the landing gear also doesn't work, you may have a dead battery. There's a 12V DC mini-circuit breaker near the battery that has a manual reset. If it trips, the battery will run down and even if on shore power, the hydraulic pump won't get any power.

There's more info on this in our Electrical User Guide in this folder.

Lgordy

There are are three separate switches, we looked at the fuses all look good. The battery shows fully charged. We did find in the manual how to manually override so that is the plan when we get ready to move the unit next week.

Hi Lgordy,

If there's 1 switch for all slides, the switch may be bad or a wire may have come off. Or your battery may be dead.

The landing gear or auto leveling system also use the hydraulic pump. Try operating the landing gear to see if the hydraulic pump works. If yes, you probably have a switch or wiring problem on the slideout switch.

If the landing gear also doesn't work, you may have a dead battery. There's a 12V DC mini-circuit breaker near the battery that has a manual reset. If it trips, the battery will run down and even if on shore power, the hydraulic pump won't get any power.

There's more info on this in our Electrical User Guide in this folder.

danemayer

There are are three separate switches, we looked at the fuses all look good. The battery shows fully charged. We did find in the manual how to manually override so that is the plan when we get ready to move the unit next week.

The fuses in the main fuse panel inside don't operate the slides.

If checking the battery on the inside control panel, you're reading the output of the Power Converter, not necessarily the battery.

If you have auto-leveling, turn it on and cycle the control to read the battery level for the auto-level system. That will tell you the battery charge. A fully charged battery will show about 12.6V DC. A depleted battery might show 11.6 V or less.

If the battery is depleted, go to Walmart and get the largest battery charger they sell. Plug it in and connect it to your trailer battery. Be CERTAIN that you connect the positive wire from the charger to the positive terminal on the battery. If 2 batteries, put the positive lead on one battery and the negative on the other battery.

If you don't want to buy a battery charger, and you have jumper cables, you can charge the battery from your truck.

Also, locate the 12V DC mini-circuit breaker with the manual reset button. There's a row of breakers near the battery, covered by a red rubber boot. One of them has a reset button, as pictured. When you press the reset, the auto-level reading will immediately increase to a reading between 13.2 and 13.6V DC. Once the power path from Power Converter to battery is restored, the battery will be recharged in a few hours.

All of these steps are easier than using the manual procedure to operate the slides and landing gear.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 29
  • circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 24

Lgordy

Thank you very much we will try that in the next day or two!

If checking the battery on the inside control panel, you're reading the output of the Power Converter, not necessarily the battery.

If you have auto-leveling, turn it on and cycle the control to read the battery level for the auto-level system. That will tell you the battery charge. A fully charged battery will show about 12.6V DC. A depleted battery might show 11.6 V or less.

If the battery is depleted, go to Walmart and get the largest battery charger they sell. Plug it in and connect it to your trailer battery. Be CERTAIN that you connect the positive wire from the charger to the positive terminal on the battery. If 2 batteries, put the positive lead on one battery and the negative on the other battery.

If you don't want to buy a battery charger, and you have jumper cables, you can charge the battery from your truck.

Also, locate the 12V DC mini-circuit breaker with the manual reset button. There's a row of breakers near the battery, covered by a red rubber boot. One of them has a reset button, as pictured. When you press the reset, the auto-level reading will immediately increase to a reading between 13.2 and 13.6V DC. Once the power path from Power Converter to battery is restored, the battery will be recharged in a few hours.

All of these steps are easier than using the manual procedure to operate the slides and landing gear.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I would do a few test before I spent the time doing the manual operation.
Its probably something simple.
Call me

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Lgordy

Ok, I tried to turn the auto leveling and nothing. So does that mean my battery is completely dead?

danemayer

Ok, I tried to turn the auto leveling and nothing. So does that mean my battery is completely dead?

Sounds dead. After you get it charged, if it will take a charge, look for the little reset button on the mini-circuit breaker.

Lgordy

I might have a silly question to go with it.....the master switch had been left on...could that have drained my batttery. I thought the battery was supposed to continuously charge when it was plugged in as well??p
Just checking
The master cut off switch in on right.

I know it sounds silly but I've seen it.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If the little black button on the side of the one circuit breaker is tripped the batterys will not charge.
87c3b637b88bc5842075c65c3bb93c9c.jpg

danemayer

I might have a silly question to go with it.....the master switch had been left on...could that have drained my batttery. I thought the battery was supposed to continuously charge when it was plugged in as well??p
If you're plugged into shore power, the Power Converter should charge the battery as long as the cutoff switch is in the correct position.

BUT, the little circuit breaker that Jerrod and I have referred you to can trip, requiring a manual reset. If it trips, the wiring between Power Converter and battery is interrupted and the battery will eventually run down.

That's why you need to find that reset button, AND recharge (or replace) the battery.