Landmark Louisville Modifications

CDN

B and B
We brought home the New Louisville Landmark and the mod list is growing

• NO AC power on/near the bed, going to add 12 VDC for two CPAP machines. This has concerned me for a while using AC power for CPAP possible surge or other damage. Also UPS in case of a power failure. Cost for two DC converters is $160.00 and minimal for 12 VDC power feed ​This has been completed. 2 separate15 am 12 VDC circuits for two CPAP machines. Peak Maximum current is 12 amps each
  • I have plenty of CCC so a basement renovation will be next on the list. I was able to add 36 sq ft of floor space or 100 cu ft of storage.
  • HDMI from Bedroom to Outside TV to share Satellite Receiver also wireless HDMI from Living Room to outdoor TV as alternate source. install infrared extender for the Sat remote control for both.Used RF version of extender for this application, mounted Infrared reciever under TV itself
  • Not sure what I am doing for Radio in the Living room, may just use my portable Grundig attached to the sound bar. Also have music channels on our satellite as well plus streaming options. We were caught in a Tornado several years ago camping and having basic radio and weather radio is a necessity.
  • I will not be installing a on on board generator. Going to use some blue skin to seal the cut outs under the front bay to weather proof this ​Completed, filled holes with silicone
  • Leaving the generator shroud in place and mount going to work on a slide out for the GMG grill storage in the front bay, storage underneath for pellets and accessories ​Bumper rails installed for smoker scratch protection
  • Adding water filters in the ODS propane compartment. 5 Micron and Carbon (I have the housings already). I will put these filters first then my water softener (on the ground) then the coach system.
  • Adding 30 amp power inlet on front skirt for my truck based 4 kW generator. It is fuel injected and full remote control so I can start/stop from inside when boon docking. Will rewire internal connections to use transfer switch to wire up this power inlet. Completed!
  • Added 2 fire extinguigshers to both sides in propane compartments. Done
  • Install repeater for TPMS Completed
  • Hitch already installed for Bike rack Done
  • Adding ground lighting and back of trailer lights when parking at night. Want to tie in ODS and DS side scare lights for upper side light
  • We added black foam core to the back of the glass front door on the Bighorn. Stops frosted finish from being damaged when going down the road, looks good too. Won't work, reviewing options
  • Need to add some trim around the bed base, rough wood might catch bedding. the MORryde tilting base is finished nicely
  • Make Washer/Dryer cabinet ours. Mount Dyson in here, add straps to hold our table from the living room Done
  • Add second hose holder for sewer hose Done
  • Add trailer mounted solar equipment, using ground based panels in the storage lot to run fridge Done
  • Trailer Wifi network for cell based data distribution and seldom used park wifi repeater (we have only ever had WiFi at Goshen)
  • Need to do something about the ice maker feed, adverted a flood when I de-winterize as the plastic pipe was never connected to fridge feed. PDI works May do the braided stainless mod.
  • Improve basement lighting with LED lights, add switch for both sides Done
  • Add Step Above handrail Done, flag pole mounts, bike rack Done, basement storage pipes on ceiling for pruner, rake, broom etc
  • Shelves under Kitchen sink Done
  • Change Group 24 12 volt batteries with Trojan 6 Volt batteries Done

Many more things I am sure.

Last edited:

Alan_B

We brought home the New Louisville Landmark and the mod list is growing

• NO AC power on/near the bed, going to add 12 VDC for two CPAP machines. This has concerned me for a while using AC power for CPAP possible surge or other damage. Also UPS in case of a power failure. Cost for two DC converters is $160.00 and minimal for 12 VDC power feed
  • Hitch already installed for Bike rack
  • Adding ground lighting and back of trailer lights when parking at night. Want to tie in ODS and DS side scare lights for upper side light
  • Add second hose holder for sewer hose

This is an impressive list!

For the 12V CPAP feed, bike rack, ground lighting, and second hose holder, can you please post pictures and details when complete?

Thanks!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Let the Mods begin. :)

You have a big list there to have fun with, Enjoy it !!!

We were wondering through Camping world yesterday and I saw that they carry a Wireless HDMI set. I used IOGEAR on ours. I have no idea if this one is any good or not.

e2ad0715c88c79013b0099790aaf8a2f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Let the Mods begin. :)

You have a big list there to have fun with, Enjoy it !!!

We were wondering through Camping world yesterday and I saw that they carry a Wireless HDMI set. I used IOGEAR on ours. I have no idea if this one is any good or not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have a set of that brand of wireless HDMI system. It works for me. Others have had issues with the same brand though.

mlpeloquin

For the CPAP, I added an inline fuse and ran the connections from the house batteries. If you loose park power, your CPAP will just keep on working and you already have the in house converter to charge the batteries.

esscobra

iogear has some newer ones out- 4k, and extdned range and ir reapeater- cheape as well - new dish receivesunits don't need it though

been using the iogear stuff for years justinstalld the new ones and they are nice

CDN

B and B
Thank you for the ideas on Wireless

I have some Extron units I used in the past in the Bighorn. They worked through the coach from the closet to the picnic table including Remote Control. Once or twice a season maybe a search was required to reconnect.

Brian

Matt750

I have a set of that brand of wireless HDMI system. It works for me. Others have had issues with the same brand though.

We used the Actiontec wireless for four years on our last trailer. Every once in a while it would act up and not connect to one of the tv's. Solution was to unplug the unit and/or hit the reset and sync button on them. On our new CY4007, I went with with a wired unit. Link is below.

https://www.amazon.com/MINIMOD-2-MO...1-spons&tag=mh0b-20&psc=1&smid=A3KQWH7ON8ZFO4

vpnman

I've also had good luck with this set - my only complaint is there is a slight delay. If you're planning on watching both TVs at the same time, near each other, you will notice the delay, which sounds like an echo. I've used in my house for years and would purchase again.

Please be sure to take before and after pics - it looks like you will be busy working on mods. Love to see it as motivation for myself!

CDN

B and B
Despite it being a 32 sunny degrees today spent the day working on the basement
  • I have the wiring cleaned up, It looks like one person started to dress cables and another didn't. Rerouted the AC Romex cables and reattached the wire loom to them up as well.
  • Found the hour meter wire for the Onan Generator pinched by the floor to the frame, fixed this
  • Tighten all coax connections, removed several connections on Off Air feed to Living Room
  • Remounted the water pump to new location between the water heater and furnace freeing up space
  • Relocate the cables for the flush valves, have radius bends on cables now
  • Lots of sawdust and wood cuts cleaned up
  • Checked transfer switch for torque on relays, no screws on the lid will have to source some
  • Foil taped up leaks on Furnace, taped up insulation for floor runs, sealed up the heat that feeds the duct that feeds bath and bedroom registers
  • Mounted DSI ignition module for the water heater, was sitting on top of water heater
  • Tightened all water connections

Punch list to complete
  • I saw daylight in several areas so some rodent proof foam to block this up
  • Need to move the load shedding relay, jammed up against the Converter .
  • Converter AC plug has bent pins, going to replace it as it falls out easily, tie-raped for now
  • Wiring under the bed is just hanging down, need to address this, slide in side here
  • AV Wiring HDMI runs, Sat RX installs, more coax connections to check and tighten as required
  • I want to put an extension on the Black Tank flush line as it is just too short shot and in the way, need to break out some pex and extend
  • Install the range extender for TPMS
  • 12 VDC for CPAP

What is the mystery switch on the basement wall, it controls somethings and is SPDT switch? All wired out too.

I have planning underway for the new storage area that is reclaimed from wasted space. I have two Grey Drains to work around but should work just fine. I have bought 20 running feet of speaker cabinet cloth to cover additional panels

The DW Bette spent 5 hours unpacking, purging and loading our gear in the cupboards. Totally amazed the amount of good storage in the Louisville.

See what happens with the weather tomorrow if we can continue.

Last edited:

jbeletti

Great progress!

The switch is likely for the lighting in the storage bay. Likely another one next to the LevelUp controller.

Last edited:

CDN

B and B
Great progress!

The switch is likely for he lighting in the storage bay. Likely another one next to the LevelUp controller.

I was thinking that, I need to see if maybe there is a wiring error as the one by the LevelUp does work.

jbeletti

I was thinking that, I need to see if maybe there is a wiring error as the one by the LevelUp does work.

Consider pulling both switches to check fitment of the wire connectors to the switch terminals. Pay special attention to any connector with 2 wires in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDN

B and B
It was Door Side switch for Basement Lights. The switch by LevelUp was miswired. Traveller wires where on one side and centre of the SPDT circuit. All is well now.

- - - Updated - - -

Question.

Has anyone added a Progressive Dynamics after the Transfer Switch? Reason I ask is only 3 to 4 seconds time delay on return to power and Compressor protection. Does Power Management provide this with its capability with control for the Compressors? Options in the power control systems as far as programming are not in the HOC technical gallery that I was able to find.

Brian

CDN

B and B
Basement modification is well underway. I added 1 swept elbow to the drain for the washer. This opened up a large area for storage of my BBQ. I will build up the floor above the pipe and be able to store the BBQ within easy reach. I still need to tighten up the elbow on the sink drain moving to closer to the ceiling and add about 4 ft to the black tank flush, taut add some pex to extend. I need to remount the AC and Basement light switch.
fullsizeoutput_c96.jpgfullsizeoutput_c92.jpg

I have a lot of space available now. Not that I am adding weight just able to store spare parts, tools and extra chairs. I will precept the plywood walls with any table saw and take them over to our storage lot to trim and fit. I have enough wall carpet to cover the new walls. As far as the cables I am going to get some large 2 inch loom to encase all wiring and neaten up the ceiling. These wires where just running everywhere with enough slack to rework and create space.

I wish it would warm up a bit. Been 28 to 32 that last few nights.

IMG_4926.JPG

Bones

Basement modification is well underway. I added 1 swept elbow to the drain for the washer. This opened up a large area for storage of my BBQ. I will build up the floor above the pipe and be able to store the BBQ within easy reach. I still need to tighten up the elbow on the sink drain moving to closer to the ceiling and add about 4 ft to the black tank flush, taut add some pex to extend. I need to remount the AC and Basement light switch.
View attachment 61059View attachment 61060

I have a lot of space available now. Not that I am adding weight just able to store spare parts, tools and extra chairs. I will precept the plywood walls with any table saw and take them over to our storage lot to trim and fit. I have enough wall carpet to cover the new walls. As far as the cables I am going to get some large 2 inch loom to encase all wiring and neaten up the ceiling. These wires where just running everywhere with enough slack to rework and create space.

I wish it would warm up a bit. Been 28 to 32 that last few nights.

View attachment 61061
isn't it nice to clean up that area and gain a bit more space

CDN

B and B
Working when it is below 32F and around 35F most evenings you run the Furnace. The heat available in the Bedroom and Bath where pathetic to say the least. Making plans to add an extra furnace duct to the bedroom. Had scoped out the add one just above the wet bay would put it beside the bed.

Tonight with nothing to loose I took off the 4 inch supply to to the inflow duct that feeds the bath and bedroom.

I found this.... Yes the slug from the hole saw is blocking the hole. Not to mention this is a 2 inch hole with a 4 inch duct feeding it.

IMG_4946.JPGBBM-08110915119032019-3478106736.jpg

This is what I did tonight.. I cut out for a full 4 inch hole.. metal duct tape the duct back to the ceiling material..remounted the flange with 4 drill screws and sucked the duct back down flat that was deformed. All joints sealed up.

IMG_4949.JPG

I was running the furnace and this has made a significant difference in airflow. If you are having issues with poor circulation check this flange on the ceiling in the basement.

It is possible the manufacture wants to limit flow to this area but why run a 4 inch duct and flange? This is just a production line issue and poor QC.

Last edited:

CDN

B and B
Re: Landmark Louisville Modifications Surprise Find!

Tonight i moved the bedroom thermostat to heat pump mode. It happens to have a heat pump. The dealer said no it doesn't but testing it proved them wrong. Like an Easter Egg left in software.

Brian