Newbie owner of a 2019 Fuel 287 with a few questions

JFED79

I purchased a brand new Fuel 287 from camping world in Akron Ohio on April 1st of this year. I travel for work and live in it full time. It’s been a couple months now and I have had no issues except 1. Now that the weather is warmer and the A/C is running I have noticed that the unit struggles to keep up on an 80 degree day in direct sunlight. Is this a common issue? I’m new to owning a camper and new to camping as a whole. I also have noticed sometimes the unit won’t turn on at all and I have to turn it off and back on at the thermostat, anyone else have this issue? Are there any must do or mustn’t do things I need to know? Like I said before I have been staying in the unit full time and have had no issues other than the A/C. Thanks in advance

NP_Chief

Welcome to the forum! There are several posts on here dealing with the a/c issues you decribed. The best thing to do is grab your favorite beverage and chair and start reading... you can decide what works for you and what doesn't. There are several good ideas on this forum.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
It helps to set the fan on "high" instead of "auto" to keep the unit from freezing up.