Disc brake upgrade

The DISC BRAKE UPGRADE, paid for itself in the first 100 miles. We were on US 31 heading south. Came to an area with road construction, the left lane was going to be closed ahead. You know how the IDIOTS have to speed up and use up as much of the lane before merging in the right lane. Brenda glanced at the side view mirror to see where some of the IDIOTS were so she could be prepared to take action. When she looked ahead, we think one of the IDIOTS cut in front of someone in the right lane. That person jammed on the brakes which caused all those behind to do the same, cars on the shoulder to get out of the way, cars off the shoulder into the grass to get out of the way. The person in front of us was half way onto the shoulder. 2 IDIOTS were on out left so Brenda could not move to the left lane, the shoulder was taken by the car in front of us. Brenda jammed on the brakes, THE DISC BRAKES DID THEIR JOB. I could feel the Landmark slowing us down, then the brakes locked up and I could feel and hear the tires skidding on the pavement. We stopped in time.After a few South St. Louis adjectives shouted out at the IDIOTS, we were on our way.I am almost positive that the original drum brakes that came on the Landmark would not have stopped us in time. This one stop paid for the DISC BRAKE UPGRADE. ;););)

Last edited by a moderator:

sengli

There is no common sense any more. I drive for my job, and I see this sort of insanity everyday. Thank god I am not towing the landmark, cause the first day we had ours. We had a panic stop situation, and we couldnt stop. Luckily the traffic moved out of the way in time .

Bobby A

Good report,
Glad you guys are o.k., maybe these monster rigs we have should come standard with Disc Brakes, cause I know its impossible to get the IDIOTS off the road.