Hot water heater bypass valve

GK2018

I'm not sure the exact location on your camper, but it should be by the hot water tank. On our M33 we have to open our front storage bin and remove 4 screws from a panel that keeps our water tank hidden from sight and our valves are located there. Hopefully that helps!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jerryjay11

Looking at the video of your rig the HWH should have a panel that can be removed with 4 screws just below the pantry cabinet (left of fridge). The bypass normally consists of 3 valves. Hot water, cold water shut-off and the bypass T'd of between the two. This bypass valve can be used to somewhat temper the hot water to help prevent scalding yourself in the shower. It isn't as good as an auto tempering valve, but it can help by cracking the valve open, allowing cold water to mix with the hot.

eplaugher

Looking at the video of your rig the HWH should have a panel that can be removed with 4 screws just below the pantry cabinet (left of fridge). The bypass normally consists of 3 valves. Hot water, cold water shut-off and the bypass T'd of between the two. This bypass valve can be used to somewhat temper the hot water to help prevent scalding yourself in the shower. It isn't as good as an auto tempering valve, but it can help by cracking the valve open, allowing cold water to mix with the hot.

jerryjay11 thank you so much for the information! That is very helpful and I'll take the panel off tonight and look for the bypass valves.

jerryjay11

You may notice as you remove the screws that they are just screwed into thin paneling and may not tighten well when you reinstall them. What I did to help the screws to tighten properly is glue 1/4 inch thick pieces of wood behind the paneling so the screws will have more to bite onto.

HWH PanelRepair.jpgHJWH Panel.jpg