something laying on top of rear axle on my Travel Trailer

tiretools

I have something heavy laying on top of my rear rear axle on my 2018 Pioneer Toy Hauler, I have not removed the covering from the underbelly yet, trying to find out if anyone knows what is above that axle.

danemayer

Hi tiretools,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The fresh water holding tank is usually over the axles.

danemayer

danemayer: what would be the best way to check that, would it mean that a bracket broke ?

I think fresh tanks are generally now supported by L-brackets that are screwed into the frame on each side, but there could be other mounting approaches. If a screw shears, the next one might give way, eventually allowing the tank to drop.

If you remove several of the coroplast mounting screws on one side, you may be able to see what's happened.

If a bracket has come loose, you'll probably have to cut the coroplast in order to do the repair (assuming you want to do it yourself).

carl.swoyer

I have something heavy laying on top of my rear rear axle on my 2018 Pioneer Toy Hauler, I have not removed the covering from the underbelly yet, trying to find out if anyone knows what is above that axle.
I'd start with draining the freshwater tank then crawl underneath and push up to see if you can feel the tank.
Removing some bolts that secure the coraplasti and peek into it from the side.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk