08' 3670RL shower faucet

Tx76

Just purchased an 08' 3670rl and am replacing a broken shower faucet. Is there access to this? Do I need to cut an access hole? Any help is appreciated as well as advise. I'm new to the rv thing and could use a little help. Thanks- Aaron

danemayer

Hi Tx76,

Congratulations on your new-to-you rig and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I'm sure another 3670rl owner will chime in with help shortly.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
In my 2009 BH3670, there is a white removable cover beneath the shower faucet. You should be able to reach up and remove the supply lines from the fixture.

RoadJunkie

When you replace the faucet, you may want to consider rotating the unit so that the handles turn on water when rotated upward, as opposed to downward. There has been cases where something (e.g. shampoo bottle) has fallen, hit the faucet handle, and turned the water on resulting in a flooded coach once the holding tank was filled. Some users have done this slight mod as a precaution.

Tx76

Thanks for the help. Mine doesn't have an access so I fabricated one. Just wanted to make sure I was t missing something obvious. I'm sure ill have more questions later. This will be the families temp housing and I'm the repair guy on call. Thanks again- Aaron Stuart.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Aaron, If yours is like others from that era, there should be a white plastic removable (6" screw in plate) just below the fixture. This can be unscrewed to access the rear of the fixture for the connections.

Hello,
We just joined the forum and found this subject pretty quickly since this is all so well-organized!
We have a North Trail travel trailer that is a 24RBS. The shower faucet broke and we also do not have an access panel so that we can replace it.
Where do we go from here? We're VERY hesitant to try to cut a hole in the shower enclosure. We would prefer to have a professional deal with this but have been told that Heartland will not pay for the extra labor to get the access panel cut and installed.
If it had an access panel, we could do it ourselves. We need tips or photos or some kind of help that would guide us in getting this accomplished without making more problems than are there already.
As it is now, we cannot use out shower. :(

Thanks to anyone who has any info that will help us out!

Karen & Randy

jimtoo

Hi Karen and Randy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our members will jump in soon with some help for you.

Enjoy the forum and your North Trail.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi Karen and Randy,

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask them what's involved in fixing the shower. If your trailer is still under warranty, ask whether there's any issue with Heartland paying for the entire cost of repair. If Heartland tells you something different from what the dealer told you, ask them if they will call the dealer for you to get it straightened out.

boatdoc

In the boat world those inspection covers are called deck plates and they are very easily installed. Just go to the marine supply and get the one that best suits your needs or size to get your hand through, measure the hole needed, draw a circle and cut it out barring any unforeseen plumbing behind. put it in the hole drill some pilot holes and screw it down.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Sometimes there is the inspection cover on the wall behind the shower. You could check there to see if there is one. It could be inside a cabinet.

I have a 2011 22FBS. It doesn't have any access panel. I cut the shower enclosure around the faucet then mounted the new faucet to a piece of plastic I bought a a camper store. It was a piece for the sliding door latch cover of a screen entry door. After attaching the supply lines, I put silicone around the inside of the panel, then screwed it to enclosure and put more silicone around the edges. It works great. Wish I had thought about the deck plate Idea though.