1/2 ton pulling a triple axle toyhauler

Bones

When I discuss I speak from my own experience. I like numbers because they usually don't lie.

avvidclif

You hit the nail on the head! I've all but stopped posting on here, I don't know if it's jealously or just a bunch of grumpy ***** with nothing better to do than bash people. I tow a 40' TH with a F250, both brand new, I'm under all my weights and tows great, but apparently I'm going to die and kill everyone around me!

Not bashing you but I would love to see the actual weights and how it worked out. My 1T SRW is over on a couple with a 38'. I stayed with a 2 axle just to avoid weight issues and still have some. No problems with towing or anything else it's just me. I like to be under the numbers for the wear and tear factor.

crors7

Not bashing you but I would love to see the actual weights and how it worked out. My 1T SRW is over on a couple with a 38'. I stayed with a 2 axle just to avoid weight issues and still have some. No problems with towing or anything else it's just me. I like to be under the numbers for the wear and tear factor.
I'm at 22,700# combined, fully loaded, I don't have "toy's " which would put me over. I'm close on rear axle @ 5980#, front is good . Trailer loaded is 14,200 give or take a beer or 2, gross on trailer is 16,250 (2017 Torque 325), 11,950# on trailer axles, puts me around 2300# pin.
TV is 2016 f250 ccsb 4x4 6.7, Airlift bags , onboard compresser, demco autoslide 18k. I'm close, no doubt, and when we decide we need toy's, we will upgrade.

avvidclif

Ok, looks good. I have almost 3200 on the pin. I wonder what the difference is? The trailer loaded is 15,100 with 11,900 on the axles (2 in my case). It did have my Harley in the back @ ~750 lbs.

crors7

Ok, looks good. I have almost 3200 on the pin. I wonder what the difference is? The trailer loaded is 15,100 with 11,900 on the axles (2 in my case). It did have my Harley in the back @ ~750 lbs.
We bought that one because it had a low pin weight, and I pack all our stuff in the garage .

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
After 12 years in EMS I could post pictures like this all day. It is amazing what folks will do to just get by. I have seen crashes due to axles breaking, wheels breaking off, swerving to avoid an obstacle with a lifted pick up, getting blown over, etc. IMO if you value your family, give one iota of a hoot about the folks driving around you, you do not push the limits when it comes to towing. On the flip side there are those folks who are just lucky...

Carleen

Wouldn't you just stop and ask yourself why you don't see any other yotas pulling triple-axle trailers? I figure it's a good idea to look around you every once in a while to get an idea if you're doing it right. Serious! And... don't ever take the salesman's opinion of tow capacities literally! It's fools like that who put their entire family at risk because he "thought" it would be okay rather than doing the research. I can't say I haven't made mistakes recently and in the past, but I know better than that.

IronJ

ab22998e7994669b759c075e9b96eb54.jpg

Hey round here trailers explode all the time...good ol West Texas wind came in last night and tossed this one over fence onto truck...

Probably woulda taken a yota with it too...!! Lol

Was a nice cyclone too...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

IronJ

Not by me, I think your Dually looks awesome. I can't wait to do the same to mine. :cool:

THANKS!! I love that thing too!! I'm wating on fusion to finish my new front bumper so I can get it paint matched and installed soon....I pulled it out of the shop today so my detail guy could shine it up nice...went right back in tho as we have more dang storms coming...I like looking at it tho...LOL

Bones

THANKS!! I love that thing too!! I'm wating on fusion to finish my new front bumper so I can get it paint matched and installed soon....I pulled it out of the shop today so my detail guy could shine it up nice...went right back in tho as we have more dang storms coming...I like looking at it tho...LOL
What kind of bumper? You can add me to the list of thinking your truck is awesome.

IronJ

34dd8bb46a70c8207afb900768467878.jpg

It's similar to this (mine is not going to have the winch or center light bar and my flood light pods are diff).

They are made by Fusion here In the USA and then my shop will take the raw bumper and clean it and color match the paint to the truck.

I really debated on not putting anythjng as I like the factory look...BUT I've hit too many animals while traveling and I'd rather be the safe one...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

When we pulled our 43' triple axle toy hauler. The dealer told us our ram 2500 would pull it. I did a test and cribbed up and lowered TH onto cribbing. Two problems arose truck squatted terrible and toy hauler was nose high with no cheap fix. So I traded in my 2005 Ram 2500 for a 2013 F-350 with prep pkg. even with the F-350, I had to add air bags due to squatting, but I could cruise comfortably at 68mph.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

justafordguy

Don't forget to post some pictures when you get the bumper finished.

What tires/wheels did you end up with? Trying to decide what to get for mine but the choices of taller 17" tires are limited. I also want an AT instead of a highway tire so that limits it even more. I love the Nitto tires on my F250 but they don't have anything tall enough but narrow enough for my factory rear wheels.