12 volt disconnect question on a 14 BC 3070RE

bigdob24

Doing some work on the batteries.
Wanted to make sure everything I added on could be shut off when the 12 volt disconnect was turned off.
Noticed one white wire was hooked to the hot side so it was not turned off when the switch was turned to the off position.
I looked around awhile to see if I could track it down and had no luck.
My guess is this runs to the braking system on the RV ?
I did not change it but I'm curious if anyone knows for sure what it runs to.

Jim.Allison

Re: 12volt disconnect question on a 14 BC 3070RE

I can't answer your question, but on my rig white is ground. I can't think of any white wires connected to the hot side of the switch. However there is nothing that says that an accessory does not have a white hot wire. As far as the breakaway switch, it would make sense that it is hot all the time, which comports with your observation. Look around and see if anything is functioning with the switch off, if not then probe the jbox with a multimeter find the hotwire then disconnect the white, then check the hot in the jbox again to confirm. Sorry that is all I can think of.

Question what size is this white wire?

Doing some work on the batteries.
Wanted to make sure everything I added on could be shut off when the 12 volt disconnect was turned off.
Noticed one white wire was hooked to the hot side so it was not turned off when the switch was turned to the off position.
I looked around awhile to see if I could track it down and had no luck.
My guess is this runs to the braking system on the RV ?
I did not change it but I'm curious if anyone knows for sure what it runs to.

bigdob24

I will be looking into this more soon.
thanks for the ideas

GOTTOYS

When I installed mine it kills everything. Break away switch, jacks all of it. When I power it up to raise the jacks so I can hitch up then everything is on and i leave it that way. Makes it harder to steal if there is no power to the jacks also, if that's a concern. I also keep the battery compartment locked when it's in the storage lot....Don