12 volt lighting and fridg and furnace

david-steph2018

O.k so, my RV tech left me high and dry and hasn't been back since he removed the factory fridg and installed the residential fridg. So my wife and I will try to secure it. Can anyone tell me or has some factory pics of how to secure the fridg please ?? Thank you
Our residential fridge has a trim board on the top. It is down on the top of the fridge and screwed into the trim, wall surrounding the fridge.

Bobby A

Our residential fridge has a trim board on the top. It is down on the top of the fridge and screwed into the trim, wall surrounding the fridge.
Thanks David, did your come that was from the factory ??, I have watched a couple videos and some guys ruined a brand new fridg by securing with metal brackets screwed into the fridg into a trim piece and when he screwed into the fridg he hit a cooling line. So I'm a little freaked out about screwing into the fridg. I was able to screw the bottom from the metal brackets but now I need to screw the top where the freezer compartment is. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

wdk450

It comes from living in earthquake country. California code that all water heaters MUST be secured. All the rare fine art at Hearst's Castle State Park in San Simeon is secured down by special gum/clay that is underneath the pieces.

Bobby A

It comes from living in earthquake country. California code that all water heaters MUST be secured. All the rare fine art at Hearst's Castle State Park in San Simeon is secured down by special gum/clay that is underneath the pieces.
Well Bill, you came through again as always !! We just ordered some off Amazon. Also we ordered the baby straps to keep the door closed during travel. I will keep you posted when I receive/install. Thanks again, I had no idea of such a thing.

david-steph2018

Well Bill, you came through again as always !! We just ordered some off Amazon. Also we ordered the baby straps to keep the door closed during travel. I will keep you posted when I receive/install. Thanks again, I had no idea of such a thing.
Bill, this is what we use to keep the fridge secured during travel:
We found the baby straps or Velcro straps, did not work for us.

Bobby A

Yes, our rig came from the factory like this. The board is right down on the top, so no gap.
I got another question associated with the residential factory installed fridge. My fridge is in a slideout like most of our are now. The question is does the factory seal up the 2 vents on the out side of the unit or do they keep them open for air ventilation to the back and sides of the fridge ??
Thank you

david-steph2018

I got another question associated with the residential factory installed fridge. My fridge is in a slideout like most of our are now. The question is does the factory seal up the 2 vents on the out side of the unit or do they keep them open for air ventilation to the back and sides of the fridge ??
Thank you
Our residential fridge does not have any outside vents in the wall.

LBR

Thank you
Post a photo of these mysterious vents....our resi has, nor needs, any outside vents.

Bobby A

Our residential fridge does not have any outside vents in the wall.
Well then, I guess the newer 5th wheels with residential fridge does not have the vents like the RV style gas and electric fridges. I was just wondering if I could seal up the vents with astro foil or something.

Bobby A

Post a photo of these mysterious vents....our resi has, nor needs, any outside vents.
Sorry LBR, I'm not sure how to post a pic however, surly you know of the vents(two) in RV's that have gas and elecric RV style fridges in slideouts. Sorry, maybe I did not explain my self correctly and you didn't get the question. Maybe someone else can post the pic that you requested.
Happy 4th everyone !!

LBR

Sorry LBR, I'm not sure how to post a pic however, surly you know of the vents(two) in RV's that have gas and elecric RV style fridges in slideouts. Sorry, maybe I did not explain my self correctly and you didn't get the question. Maybe someone else can post the pic that you requested.
Happy 4th everyone !!
Ah-Ha....went back and reread your post a couple more times and now I get what you're asking about. I read it as yours having a factory installed frig WITH those holes to outside also...my bad.

Yes, when one special orders a trailer built and chooses the option to have a resi frig over the standard RV frig, those holes are not there.

We ordered our 2017 CY from the factory with the resi frig. Oddly, there was no upcharge at all....implys to me the resi frig and associated inverter/wiring/etc cost them the same, or less, than the offered standard RV frig.

Bobby A

Ah-Ha....went back and reread your post a couple more times and now I get what you're asking about. I read it as yours having a factory installed frig WITH those holes to outside also...my bad.

Yes, when one special orders a trailer built and chooses the option to have a resi frig over the standard RV frig, those holes are not there.

We ordered our 2017 CY from the factory with the resi frig. Oddly, there was no upcharge at all....implys to me the resi frig and associated inverter/wiring/etc cost them the same, or less, than the offered standard RV frig.
Thats no problem LBR, glad you got what I was asking. So with that said, wondering if I should block the vents?? Its 90 degrees hear and we feel warm/hot air coming into the coach from the outside vents. Also, I have about 6 to 8 inch gap from the top of the new residential fridge I bought to the ceiling of the slideeout, wondering if I could fill that gap with some batt insulation ?? Do you know if your residential fridge has a fan in the rear or top of the fridge for air movement so the fridge doesn't get to hot ?? Sorry for all the questions. Thank you, I would appreciate getting these questions answered, surly I am not the first person to install a residential fridge in place of a RV fridge.

I am sure your residential fridge cost was cheaper than a RV fridge.

david-steph2018

Thats no problem LBR, glad you got what I was asking. So with that said, wondering if I should block the vents?? Its 90 degrees hear and we feel warm/hot air coming into the coach from the outside vents. Also, I have about 6 to 8 inch gap from the top of the new residential fridge I bought to the ceiling of the slideeout, wondering if I could fill that gap with some batt insulation ?? Do you know if your residential fridge has a fan in the rear or top of the fridge for air movement so the fridge doesn't get to hot ?? Sorry for all the questions. Thank you, I would appreciate getting these questions answered, surly I am not the first person to install a residential fridge in place of a RV fridge.

I am sure your residential fridge cost was cheaper than a RV fridge.
Check the owner's manual for the fridge and see how much clearance you need for the operation. Check the sides clearance requirements. We have a 1 1/2" clearance on our fridge on both sides.
There is no fan installed by the factory on our RV.

LBR

I would close off both of the original refer holes completely, paying attention to exterior aesthetics. I wouldn't put insulation above the refer as heat rises....and the top of a residential frig is the best place for heat to escape.