12V Mini-breakers

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just a little info on the breakers behind the battery. Earlier today, after returning to the storage yard, I needed to open the main slide a bit to get to the rear window. So, at the hydraulic/battery compartment, I closed the valves for the other 3 slides and hit the switch in the compartment. Dummy me, I was pushing it in the close direction, not the open (it's not marked and mounted opposite the inside one). So, after a few seconds, I here a pop and the motor stops. "Oh (fill in blank)," I think, "I've popped the breaker." Before I could locate it behind the battery, I hear another pop and the motor works again (in the right direction).

Moral of story: If you pop the breaker, give it a second or two before committing suicide. It might reset on its own.

Willym

My wife was operating the slides last week when one wouldn't move. Of course it worked OK when I tried a few minutes later. I used the opportunity to blame her - I don't get many chances to do that.

wdk450

That's one of the places I used the trailer's label gun - "In" and "Out" labels attached to the top and bottom side of the rocker switch.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
That's one of the places I used the trailer's label gun - "In" and "Out" labels attached to the top and bottom side of the rocker switch.

I would, but the switch is mounted so that it faces the rear wall of the compartment. Maybe if I made Braille labels?? I suppose I could explore remounting it so that your idea would work. TBD.

View attachment 18601