12V Power

den1845

Just took delivery of a 2013 21FBS. Is there any way of diconnecting or is there a need to diconnect 12V (house Batteries) power to the trailer. The LP detector and radio clock stay on all the time. I'm just worried with no use planned will this drain the house battery? My motor home had a large disconnect switch that I could turn the battery power off when not in use.

Thanks,
Dennis

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You could just disconnect the negative side of the battery cable.
Or you could install a battery disconnect.
You are right, the detector and radio will drain the battery, unless you can leave the trailer plugged in.

Peace
Dave

CliffP

Hi Dennis,

Congratulations on the new North Trail and welcome to the forum. IMO you should pull the negative battery cable if its going to be a while before you use it and you can't have it plugged into shore power. If its going to sitting without shore power on a regular basis it would be a good idea to install a disconnect. Happy Camping!

Cliff and Mindy

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Why not just install a battery disconnect switch? Not hard to install and saves disconnecting the battery at the terminals. However if you store it in a public storage facility I would remove the battery and take it with me to prevent theft.