14 inch wheels only load c?

jetjarv

I wish I could get some better tires. I would like radial tires load e, but I'm not getting much luck. I figure the better tire could extend my luck not getting a blow out on the highway.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You could move up to a load range D tire. Continental Vanco 8 is one such tire. Load rating of 2094# which would be a tad more than your loac range C.
Tire Rack shows the Vanco™ 8 195/R14 in stock @ $86.

Peace
Dave

jetjarv

Thanks for that. Ur right, I forgot about d's. Folk's dump trailer has 4-3500lb tires. I believe it was load range e. My cousin got a blowout and it took off his stairs! And the side of his trailer got some good damage. We have a 2000 mile trip next summer. I want a tire that can withhold up to almost anything.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One other thing to consider is if you do have the room you could go to a larger rim with larger tires.

Peace
Dave

jetjarv

If I decide to upgrade my wheels and tires it would be nice if they lasted longer than my previous tires of 3 years. Our boat had 15 years on the trailer. Stored indoors nd summer and winters. Do tire covers keep the tires lasting a long time or should I take the 2 that r in the sun from oct till may unused? I've been told to keep tires for 4 years then toss. Doesn't seem right though, but here I'm with questionable tires after 3 years. They r the original tires though.

irvin56

Don't know the type of trailer you have. My North trail 31QBS does not have the clearance room to go to a 15 inch. The 14 inch have no room to wiggle to a higher weight that I would like in the 15's. so I will have to live with the 14's. Make sure that there will be clearance room to go higher size.

jetjarv

Discount tire had 215's cheaper than the 205's. Load rating about 50 lb per tire more. Lifetime warranty for cracking as long as it has legal tread. Won't ever have to buy another tire again! Forget covering them in the sun. Sooner they crack sooner I get new tires! Has to be too good to be true. Time will tell.