What is the Wheel nut torques 2014 north trail with 14” wheels

stonz22

After six years I need to change my tires what is the torque value of wheel nuts on a 2014 Northtrail 24 RBS with 14 inch wheels Goodyear endurance going on… Chinese bombs off … Thank you
The trailer did not come with a manual ….

wdk450

I didn't see a Heartland general overall manual for 2014 models on our forum library (click on "Tools" at the top of any forum page, then click on "manuals" to get the selection submenus), but I did find a 2015 overall manual for both 5th wheel and towable Heartland RV's.

Page 30 (by the manual index - page 32 by the left side highlighted pages) has a section on lug nuts. It says to torque to 120 foot pounds.

In the same library, under "Manufacturers Manuals" are 2 Lippert manuals, including 1 dated 2014 for all the suspension, wheels, frame, slideout, and landing gear components. Page 175 has all the torque specs and torque procedures for the wheels.

Wizard63

Very surprised that its been 6 years since you've checked the lug nut torque on your trailer.
It should be checked before every trip.

thewanderingeight

Very surprised that its been 6 years since you've checked the lug nut torque on your trailer.

After nearly losing a wheel, I would agree with this. If I do anything related to the lugs, I always check their torq the first 3 trips or so, then every 500 miles after that. I noticed once they settle in place, they don't often move, but sometimes I find one that does turn a bit.

stonz22

Thanks for your reply , I checked torque was even on all wheels the week I bought it , but have no proper torque figures but have chosen 120 ft lbs the tires I changed were six years old I assumed but turned out to be ten so the low mileage on the trips we did and the prev. Owners saved our bacon , GY Endurance have now been checked three times ! One trip on them so far !