1999 F350. Can it handle the Cyclone 4000?

DW_Gray

Dave, it won't do anygood. All dealer are told to quote/lie the empty weigh to a customer. The other opinion/problem is with being over the rated GVWR on any truck/ trailer combo. If you have an accident............you are screwed. Probably no insurance coverage and lots of other bad things. Its not worth it for a few buck to get a "legal" truck and be safe. Does not have to be a NEW truck. JMHO

Bob,
You're probably right about wasting time with the dealers. But that doesn't stop me from trying. I've already found mostly negative reviews about MasterCade's dealer. These past 4 years have been a real education for me, not to mention what I've learned since the start of FWS. What I don't understand is after all these years, why RVers don't take a stand against these sleazebag dealers. But what do I know, I'm still a newbie, relatively speaking.

MasterCade doesn't necessarily need to buy a brand new truck; just a good truck that meets or exceeds the towing requirements. Personally, my next truck will probably be a used one.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Dave your right....but it will never change. If Mastercade would get any of the 2011 or newer of the big 3's 350/3500 DRW trucks, he would be to go. He could probably get a fairly nice one for about $40K with nice equipment. No matter what he adds/does to his 1999 truck. It still wont be legal for that much weight.

Sorry to say but...it's buyer beware. People need to do their homework on weights on TV's verses trailer weight combo's. In the 5 years I have on this forum I have learned alot and I try to pass on truthful information to newbies. This way they do not get the "green weenie" when looking to buy. All we as a group can do is tell it like it is and hope people will read/listen. I dont want anyone to have a bad thing happen to them or their family by being lied to by a dealer.