1st time 5th wheel owner; HELP!

Broncos Fan

Hello "Happy Campers!" Recently purchased a used 2010 Big Horn 3410re. Did not come withan owners/operators manual. Heartland headquarters in Indiana cannot find thier 2010 manual; I was told to use 2009 or 2011s manual. Sorry Heartland, but that didn't work. How can you NOT have the 2010 manaul? Please, if you own a 2010 Big Horn 3410re 5th Wheel and either have a manual or know what you are doing and can help me out, I'd be grateful.

centerline

it may surprise you to learn that the manuals that are supplied with the trailers are fairly generic.... i have never seen one that is specific to the unit, except in the very high end RV's..... the build sheet should be specific to it, but even these are often wrong..

hopefully someone can help you out with what you are looking for, as its nice to have the manuals with the right model printed on it, even if the content of the manual is all the same....

Dahillbilly

Hello "Happy Campers!" Recently purchased a used 2010 Big Horn 3410re. Did not come withan owners/operators manual. Heartland headquarters in Indiana cannot find thier 2010 manual; I was told to use 2009 or 2011s manual. Sorry Heartland, but that didn't work. How can you NOT have the 2010 manaul? Please, if you own a 2010 Big Horn 3410re 5th Wheel and either have a manual or know what you are doing and can help me out, I'd be grateful.
I'm sure someone on here can help ypu out with whatever problem you may have. Just post/ask away & see what happens; kinda what I did 3 yeaers ago when we purchased our 1st RV & like you it's a 40' 5th wheel.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The manuals for the appliances and functional systems can probably be found online at the manufacturer’s websites. The Heartland manual, on the other hand, won’t tell you much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

We have a LOT of manuals on our forum library, HERE:

thewanderingeight

We bought our Milestone new, it just came with a stack of manuals for each individual appliance, nothing specific for the RV itself. If you have a question about a specific appliance, I would just Google the model number and I am sure the manual will pop up. Otherwise, like others have said, the manuals on this forum are extremely useful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sengli

We have had four new heartland fifth wheels over the years and the actual manuals werent worth the paper they were printed on. They were so generic it wasnt honestly helpful info. And they actually havent included a printed version for years now. I guess some of the newer models include a thumb drive, or tell you to down load it.
The infamous blue bag that came with new RVs, mostly had the manuals for the built in appliances, fans, toilets, water heater, furnace etc.

Pazmer

Worse than the manuals sucking, the lack of quality control sucks. I have a 2021 piece of junk sitting in my drive. Owned it 18 months and 6 of those months were spent back at the factory. Resale is horrible as well. Highly recommend against this brand.

chaplady

My best learnings was talking with others about their experiences how the mitigated solution or what potential issues one might run into while using camper. Manuals arent going to give you that knowledge which to me was priceless and prevented alot of headaches