2 Newport Questions

Mike4401

As most of you know, we have a Newport on order, scheduled for a June delivery. The more I read on the internet, the more question I have. Here are 2 for today.

1. What is "energy efficient paint"? Never heard of such a thing.

2. How does the "dual access silverware drawer" work?

thanks,

ms

dpclapham

Congratulations on your new Newport! We love ours. For your paint question, I'll be anxious to hear all of the 'theories' people have on this one, as I have no idea what that could possibly mean, but with regards to the dual access silverware drawer, that's an easy one. In the kitchen island there is access to a cabinet that has doors both on the front side and the back side. You have access to the silverware drawer (it slides both ways) from either the kitchen side, or when sitting at the dinette side. Pretty convenient when cooking, you can slide the silverware drawer out to the stove side, and when sitting at dinner you can slide the drawer out towards the dinette side!

Enjoy your new rig!!!

Paul

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Congratulations on the new LM 365. You will love it. June is a long ways away. You must be very anxious !!!!
We really like the pass through silverware drawer, it works pretty slick. I made ours even better by putting a divided silverware on top of that one. At first we used a plastic one from Target it worked perfectly. But then I had to go one better and had one made out of wood.

It's on my Mod's thread.
"Project LM 365"
post #23
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=438905&viewfull=1#post438905

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I was walking through new RV's on the lot yesterday at the dealer. I first went into a Grand Design and it was hot and stuffy in there from the sun betting on it. And then I went into a 2017 Landmark and it was a lot cooler, you could definitely feel a difference.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Here's a picture of the plastic one from Target.
I think I cut the one end off of it so I could get to the silverware from both sides easily.
This picture is the plastic try in the drawer after it was cut down for the wood try.
This plastic try did work fine in the factory drawer before I cut it down.
Hope that make sense. :)
552d3d5aa418147a9ec8afc4bcd88f15.jpg

Mike4401

Thanks for the responses so far. I like the silverware drawer modified for 2 levels. I will need to start at the beginning of the mega Jess thread to see all that he has done.

It would be nice if the paint was formulated to reduce heat transfer. I inquired with the factory about the option of a lighter exterior color, either with or without full body paint. I was told that they no longer do this, since it disrupts the flow of units going through the paint shop. I got the silver / black exterior, and although it is darker than I wanted, I must admit it gives a handsome appearance.

mike

budman229

We took delivery of a 2017 Newport in January. Apparently they did away with the dual access silverware drawer. Ours doesn't have it.
They moved the sink to the end of the island above the trash can. When they did offer it, the drawer was accesible from both sides of the island.

As most of you know, we have a Newport on order, scheduled for a June delivery. The more I read on the internet, the more question I have. Here are 2 for today.

1. What is "energy efficient paint"? Never heard of such a thing.

2. How does the "dual access silverware drawer" work?

thanks,

ms

jbeletti

We took delivery of a 2017 Newport in January. Apparently they did away with the dual access silverware drawer. Ours doesn't have it.
They moved the sink to the end of the island above the trash can. When they did offer it, the drawer was accesible from both sides of the island.
In over 2 years, I never had a need to roll that drawer out to the door side. For me, I feel that the size of the divided spaces are way too big for silverware. We use ours for other cooking/prep utensils. I ended up putting a screw at the back of 1 track so the drawer could not be pushed/pulled out the door side. Just our preference.

Oldelevatorman

Ours was made in November and all the door side doors open they just don't have handles. Don't know why they don't have handles however! Check it out!