2 Questions

Jim_Hull

So, as you may already know, the DW and I picked up our new Big Country 4010 RD this weekend, got it home, mostly cleaned and organized. But, I have a couple of questions on things I could not figure out. First, I cleaned the windows inside and out, but I could not figure out how to remove the screens from the slider windows. This means that there is a strip at the bottom of the window that I could not clean. Can these screens be removed or is there a way to clean the bottom of the window without removing them?

My second question is about the radio. I had the outside speakers turned on while I cleaned the outside of the windows, and turned the sound bar on while I was cleaning inside. But, are there speakers in the front bedroom?

I know there is a lot of knowledge and experience in this group, so I appreciate any help you can give me in answering these questions.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
So, as you may already know, the DW and I picked up our new Big Country 4010 RD this weekend, got it home, mostly cleaned and organized. But, I have a couple of questions on things I could not figure out. First, I cleaned the windows inside and out, but I could not figure out how to remove the screens from the slider windows. This means that there is a strip at the bottom of the window that I could not clean. Can these screens be removed or is there a way to clean the bottom of the window without removing them?

My second question is about the radio. I had the outside speakers turned on while I cleaned the outside of the windows, and turned the sound bar on while I was cleaning inside. But, are there speakers in the front bedroom?

I know there is a lot of knowledge and experience in this group, so I appreciate any help you can give me in answering these questions.

Jim, there are no speakers in the bedroom.

I am not sure about the window screens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim_Hull

I got the screens to slide up and down, but they are limited in how far they go up by the glass. Since they are the same size, no matter what you do, there is a strip of the window always covered by the screen. It is a little frustrating when your DW really wants you to do a good job cleaning the windows.

TravelTiger

I have speakers in the bedroom

I understand that others will have speakers. Jim and I have the same Big Country 4010RD floorplan. We've had ours about 3 weeks now. I know there are no speakers in the bedroom.

Bones

I understand that others will have speakers. Jim and I have the same Big Country 4010RD floorplan. We've had ours about 3 weeks now. I know there are no speakers in the bedroom.

I Guess they do some things differently with those models. :) I pulled My stereo out and plugged in the TV to it to get a little surround sound outside the TV speakers.

TravelTiger

I Guess they do some things differently with those models. :) I pulled My stereo out and plugged in the TV to it to get a little surround sound outside the TV speakers.

We did the same with our previous rig.

This BC has the soundbar only, no other speakers in the ceiling. It has the TV hooked to it to optionally play the TV sound through the soundbar, but also the radio/CD/DVD is hooked to the soundbar to play radio music, etc. through it.

Jim_Hull

TravelTiger is right. The only inside sound source I can find is the sound bar. It sounds good in the living area and the kitchen. However, you have to "rock it" a little to hear it well in the bedroom.

TravelTiger

TravelTiger is right. The only inside sound source I can find is the sound bar. It sounds good in the living area and the kitchen. However, you have to "rock it" a little to hear it well in the bedroom.

Haha! Be sure you don't have neighbors! You know, in almost 6 years with our previous ElkRidge, I think I listened to the bedroom speakers only 2-3 times. I won't miss them.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Mine slide all the way up past the screen
f8a49d2a54a67b60226a08b93f030bb2.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jim_Hull

Our windows hit some kind of stop before they can get above the screens. There is approximately 1.5 inches of window below the top of the screen when the window is in its highest position and the screen is in its lowest.

mlpeloquin

Our windows hit some kind of stop before they can get above the screens. There is approximately 1.5 inches of window below the top of the screen when the window is in its highest position and the screen is in its lowest.

Big Horn have the same screens in the main slide and the bedroom slide. I finally decided to remove them for cleaning. If they broke so be it. Well lift the screen up three inches. Pull hard to the left or right while pulling inward. They came out. I cleaned them and then had to figure out how to put them back in. Similar method of pushing hard to one direction while pushing in hard. I had to slide it a bit to get them to snap back in. You would think that the window manufacture would shrink the width by 50 thousands or so to make it a bit easier to remove.
My

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Haha! Be sure you don't have neighbors! You know, in almost 6 years with our previous ElkRidge, I think I listened to the bedroom speakers only 2-3 times. I won't miss them.

Copy that. Another unnecessary item, for us anyway...
Goes against CG etiquette IMO. I'm not interested in your entertainment therefore I'll politely keep mine to myself.

rxbristol

The screens are easy to remove. Note, that one side of the screen frame has a spring retainer...push the screen toward that side (the spring clips will compress) and the screen can be easily removed.

Jim_Hull

Thanks for all of the responses. Rex, I will have to give the screens a try again. I tried to use them to one side then another with no success, but I will try again. Travelin2, we are very mindful of our neighbors. We don't "rock out" much anymore.