2006 Rally Begins...

jbeletti

Hi all,

Nancy and I arrived here in Goshen, IN today (Wednesday) around 1 pm for the rally.

Right behind us pulling in was David and barbara DeBoer. We both got our rigs weighed by Stacey and Gail Frank of Weigh-It. Very insightful.

Another Heartland unit beat us here. Paul and Nan (Lineen) got here yesterday.

So far, 6 units are here.

Jim

J

Jim_1899

My wife Crystal and I we still have two of our children in school and this is their last week of classes. Otherwise I would have been there too. In two years the Lord willing we will be there and by then I hope to get to know more owners from the forum.

I hope that everyone has a great time and look forward to hearing all about it.

Jim Leach

DennisZ

Jim
For those of us that are with you there in spirit, but unable to be there in person, how about posting some pictures of all the rigs lined up and of the events.
Thanks

Tom of Ypsi

Jim, I am still waiting on parts, supposedly going to be in tomorrow by UPS to the dealership. Once the parts are in they claim it will only take half an hour to get me on the road. The dealer will call when parts hit their door and by the time I drive there they should have it done. If all goes well I will be on the road some time tomorrow. Will keep you posted one way or the other. Have fun.

J-W&E

We are here at the rally also. We will be taking some pictures of the happenings and I will give to Jim to put on the website.

jbeletti

DennisZ: Will post pics for sure. I took a few tonight but only 6 of us so far. The big load is expected tomorrow so pics Thu or Fri.

Tom: Hope those dang parts come in on Thu. Got to have our Tom of Ypsi here at the rally. Travel safe and see you when we see you.

Jim and Wilma: Thanks for taking pics - I have blank CDs to hand out to those who have the capability to burn them for me. It was great to be able to meet you earlier tonight.

PK: We'll miss you guys but we understand. Sorry to hear Vance's Dad is not getting better. Pics for sure!

Thanks to Paul and Nancy Lineen for walking over, sitting down and stuffing rally packets. You guys are great! Who knew it was 11:45 PM when we started delivering them to the 6 trailers already here. Time just flew away...

Jim

Jim

jbeletti

Trailer Weighing at the Rally

Hello Rally Attenders,

Just a reminder that if you are interested in getting your rig weighed while at the rally this week, consider call Stacey Frank at 586-246-3048 (cell) to make arrangements.

While most of you will be reading this after you have setup at the rally, if you can get weighed on your way in, on asphalt just inside gate 2 at the 4H Fairgrounds, so much the better.

If you would like to be weighed after you are on your site, try to arrange to do so before you unhook your truck as it will require you to pull onto the scales.

For those who are already setup, you may still get weighed after the rally on your site or as you exit. Understand that there will be some backup with several people wanting to get weighed on the way out.

Still, for $45 to know exactly what you weigh by axle, by tire and by side, it is invaluable information.

Jim

jbeletti

Rally update from Thursday

It's Thursday and it just after midnight. We had a good day here in Goshen. The rain held off, it wasn't too, too hot and we had 17 more trailers come in.

That puts us at 24 of 26. Tom of Ypsi and kaxel will hopefully arrive sometime Friday.

We had a real nice potluck followed by some trailer touring, then back to our building for a chit-chat session.

Tomorrow is a big day with trailer repairs, vendor presentations and an Amish dinner.

Jim

phranc

Th e food was good, the beverages refreshing,the company and conversation
delightful and the wi-fi works........

jpmorgan37

It is so nice to put faces to the names that we've been seeing on the forum. We have enjoyed the fellowship and it is really neat seeing so many Heartland products in the same place. I have enjoyed several of the vendor presentations this morning and picked up some good pointers. The potluck last night was awesome with way too much too eat. Thanks to all the wonderful cooks. I'm looking forward to our second annual Rally next year.
John

Tom of Ypsi

I am also looking forward to the second rally, by then General RV in Brownstown, Michigan should be able to find a couple of bolts for my coach. They sure could not find any for 12 days now. Good salesmanship, poor service.

jbeletti

Tom,

We're really bummed that your dealer did not come through for you. You're here with us in spirit.

Jim

jbeletti

Rally Update for June 2

The rally really moved along today. We had vendor presentations going on all day. At the same time, we had an army of RV techs crawling all over our trailers fixing this and that. Huge effort - nice job.

We finished today with a heavy family style Amish dinner at the farm home of Henry and Carolyn Yoder, a bit northeast of Middlebury, IN. Wow! What a great job they do.

Jim

Tom of Ypsi

Jim,
Thanks for the nice reply. No one is as bummed as we are. We have really been looking forward to the rally since its inception. When I first mentioned the rally to Judy the first thing she asked was when, where and how many days off do I have to take, we are going. At the present time if someone from General RV knocked on our door I am going out the back while she answers the front. Enjoy yourselves, keep all of us posted with pics and info and hopefully we will see each and everyone of you on the road sometime.

Princess Kathleen

Thanks for the updates, it almost makes us feel as we are there. Vance's dad passed away on June 1....after the funeral we should be on the road somewhere...we have not decided which way to go but we will be out there...so watch for us...
PK

K

Ken Washington

Vance & Kathleen, I don't know you but I am thinking and praying for you at this time! May God comfort you and your family!
Ken & Sue Washington

jpmorgan37

Vance and Kathleen;
Our deepest sympathy goes out to you and may you find comfort knowing that he is at peace with God.

John and Sue

Vance and Kathleen like everyone else has said our hearts are heavy with sadness for your great loss and our thoughts and prayers are with you.
John and Shirley