2006 Rally Begins...

bking

Vance and Kathleen, I've been feeling sorry for myself that we could not attend the rally since we're waiting for a replacement Golden Gate. This puts things in proper perspective. May you have nothing but happy memories. Our thoughts and prayers are with both of you.

See you on the road.

Stella

Rally Survivor
Back from the Rally!

None Well we are home from the first annual rally, it was a booming success! Our thanks go to Jim and Nancy for all of their hard work. After all the eating we did I think dieting is in order. We just thought it was great getting together will all the Heartland owners that attended and meeting the Heartland employees. Looking forward to next year.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Kathleen and Vance.

jbeletti

Stella,

I like the line after your avatar! I was thinking the same thing myself. We got home (RV site), unloaded and cleaned the trailer. Drove home-home, unloaded the truck and are about ready to crash. Great meeting you both. When we're bored of rally talk, maybe later we can debate the benefits of water filtration. :D Or you and Steve T can have a filter debate/death match. :eek: Just kidding. Call if you want to get together our at Lehman's for dinner at the trailer.

Jim

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Kathleen and Vance, sorry to hear of the passing of your father. Linda and I will keep you and your family in our prayers.

We wanted to thank all of you who put the Rally together. A lot of work and effort obviously was involved. It was a very busy weekend for the participants. All the food and camaraderie was great. We feel as if we have an extended family. The vendors on Friday put on very informative presentations. The crews from Holmes, Lippert and Heartland went over-and-above with service to all our rigs. The family style dinner at the Yoder’s house was fantastic. The plant tour was very informative. We got our trailer weighed at the Rally by Stacey and Gail Frank of Weigh-It. All-in-all we had a great time. We’re ready to sign up for next years Rally. I also have to say how nice it was that the people from Heartland came to the Rally and spent time talking to all of us and socializing.

It was so nice to put faces to names and get to know most of you on some level. I was also very happy that my wife could make it late Friday night so she could get to know the people that I talk about from this forum. We look forward to seeing all of you again next year and hopefully anytime before that. Hope all had a safe drive to your next destination. As for me, it's time to go back to work to pay for my toys.

jbeletti

Hi Mark,

I'm glad you decided to come, even though it looked as though Linda could not make it. So much to learn, so much to share. I was really pleased when Linda and her Dad could make it after all. He gave me a great process tip for for next time when we ask vendors for raffle prizes.

Let us know when you get that Fantastic Vent installed that you won in the raffle you lucky dog!

Jim

kaxel

Oh what a weekend it was! What a great time and so informative! It is hard to say what I liked best, but I think it was just being with everyone – including the folks from Heartland! It was really great to meet and talk with everyone from Heartland- it truly has given me a whole new perspective of the company. Everyone was wonderful! We already have it on our calendars for 2007 and I hope that the committee will call on us to pitch in and help in any way. Maybe next year there will be more Cyclone’s there and a few more kids. It was a great setting for “kids” of all ages! It was a wonderful time and we thank Jim, Nancy and everyone else for everything!

To Kathleen and Vance: Please know that we are keeping you and your family in our prayers. Never forget that Dad remains in your heart forever.

jbeletti

Hi Kay and Bill (and Billy and Kyle),

I am so glad you were able to get your rig done at Charger and over to the rally in time. It was great to meet and visit with you guys. Having your boys there was nice as well and I too hope that more owners will bring their kids/grandkids next year as it will be a neat bond formed at that level as well.

Stay tuned to the 2007 Rally forum as it becomes active to find a spot you'd like to help with. I too will keep in mind your computer skills should I/we have an unserved need.

I second you on the need for more Cyclone owners (and Sundance and Trailrunner) at the next rally.

Be well and happy camping.

Jim

Trap

Were glad to hear that everyone enjoyed the rally so much. Our hearts and prayers go out to Vance and Kathleen. If all works out hopefully we'll have a bighorn before the next rally and that we can attend.

Trap

phranc

The Rally was a fantastic success..Mostly due to Jim and Nancy's hard work!!
The factory support was unparalleled. Heartland will surely be a company that will be an industry leader...
There was food galore,seminars for everything,fantastic guided tour sightseeing, and the repair crews made those minor repairs look,well, just minor. Even though there were some important repairs done..
Looking forward to 2007 and meeting more new friends and renewing
the old ones..
The trip home to NY was as uneventful as could be. We started with a weight check with the Weigh-it folks and were assured all was within specs.Actually left Goshen at 1:30 Pm and arrived at the countrys largest overnight stopover chain.( yes ,the WalMart) at Erie Pa. A nice dinner at Damons Steakhouse and off to bed . A early start at 730 AM,Early for us that is,put in to Binghamton at 1:30 Pm..Still had time to pick up the cats from the Kitty Motel..(Vet)...Time to retire for the evening and relive some fond memories...

jbeletti

Hi Frank (and Sandy),

Thanks too for all your help and your help on the 2007 planning team.

Our trip home was also uneventful. With the exception of a case of the head-bobs I got about 2 hours out. Had to pull into a rest area for a 30 minute power nap. That did the trick. Got to the seasonal site near Marengo, IL with plenty of light to setup the trailer, unoad the truck, have dinner, run the weed whacker around the site and head home.

Oh yeah - I lost 5 pounds at the rally. Go figure! We don't need no stinking golf carts when we have bikes!

Jim