2007 Duramax 6.6L Turbo

caissiel

Ok, sorry if I took it wrong, but in Canada we use Imperial Gallons, and my best millage has been averaging 25MPImpG. which is 6/5 the size of a US gallon.

caissiel

I realized that, I usualy adapt all my milage to USGPM, We use KM's here and its easy to adapt to MPIMPG, I just devide the L/100KM into 282, So as to read 10L/100KM it reads 28MPG Imperial. So KMto US Miles would look like 282X5/6 or 235 devided by L/100KM so 10LHK is 23.5MPusG, The Scangauge can be adopted to US or Metric so when I fillup I put in the tank readings and it calibrates in both usg and Litres. By putting in the Cost per gallon it gives me the cost per miles to.

bill40

I ahve found that by using setting #3 and the cruse set on 1800 to 2000rpms ( about 60) I get 23.2 all highway about 18 around the area. before the Banks (at 24000 miles) the best i could get was 14 and 18. Like Duane my dash read out is not that far off the actual. I reset every tank. If it was a SRW probably be a little better. But being what it is not all that bad. We averaged 12.3 for our last trip ( 9000+) of all most four months of hot and cold weather. The BC is a tad over 28ft and as we all know the tend to push a lot of air so anything over 7.6mpg ( what I got on my V10 Ford)in my opinion is good. Just turned over 78000 miles and is just getting broke in.

caissiel

I find that our 3500RL is a great trailer to haul, with 110 Lbs in the tires sure makes it light on the road, much better then the previous trailer with 15" wheels.

bill40

Have to agree, and it is very easy to put into some tight spots. If GM would improve the turning radius of a one ton it would almost be perfect, but I guess we can't have everything.

Northern Virginia
There is a rumor on Diesel Place that GM will be coming out with a standard (short) bed 3500 with the 2011. Other cool changes like a factory exhaust brake. Also larger tires and rims (which may translate to larger brakes). Seems to be a reliable source.

John

buckeyebob

i use dsl from walmart to keep fuel from jelling and i put more than recomended and my lie o meter went from 14-16 in town to 18-20,now if the guage was lieing it would still be the same.i mean my mileage really went up,on road to cabelas in michigan i got 22.5.i have 18,000 miles on 6.6 d/a 2007 new style.i jelled fuel filter 3 times last winter so i use additive no matter where i get fuel.it says it boosts the cetane level.my son in law has a ford king ranch dually and he used additive this summer and got 16 on road and was thrilled!!!!we always have that ford vs gm arguement,but just buy one of the 3 real american brands is all i ask. buckeyebob

gonervn

Bill & Sallie
John, I have a 2004 Duramax 2500. I changed to a 4" exhaust AEM intake and Bullydog downloader. I consistenly get 17 - 18 around town and 20+ on the highway not towing. When towing my 3670 Bighorn I range between 11 -14 depending on speed and terrain. With the downloader I have found my most economical speed to be 67.

jmaguire

Thanks whosack. that is exactly what a friend of mine told me. He has a Dodge, and didn't know if the GM was any different.