2007 East Coast Heartland Owners Rally

davebennington

Greg,

We really won't know what the date and place for next years East Coast Rally will be at this time. The selection of date and place will be made at this years rally, The new wagon master should post the results sometime after the rally is over.

Hope you can make it for next year rally be it the east coast or national.

dave

L'l John

Elsie says that she will fix her "honey bun cake" for the Friday evening pot luck.
Getting close to time to travel!

davebennington

Well here we are with less than a week to go before the GREAT east coast event (Heartland East Coast Rally).
If anyone finds that they can get away for the rally that has NOT signed up yet you are welcome however you will not have a badge, Jim is working on the badges and trying to get them to me in time for the rally, the same would go for the tee shirts also as they have to be printed and shipped.
So that said, I hope everyone travels safe and I will see you at the rally on Friday.

dave

BJ'sDad

Well, I'm leaving in a little over 24 hours, see ya'll on Friday.

BJ doesn't seem to be too excited yet, might be because he knows he's gonna get another bath before we leave.....:eek:

Have a safe trip on 95, we all know how crazy drivers get on that road.

Attachments

• DCP_0386.JPG
    DCP_0386.JPG
    364.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DCP_0277.JPG
    DCP_0277.JPG
    263.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

jrlebaron

We are headed to the East Coast Rally coming down 95. Anyone have any tips on the best way to get to Willow Tree. We are in Outdoor World Williamsburg and will be headed south thursday morning. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Jim

BJ'sDad

Jim, I'm going to follow Willow Trees directions on the way down (I-95 to SC9 east 54 miles to 905), if that route is a lot of stop and go, I may try my own way on the way out.

I'm leaving NW VA tomorrow afternoon and going to spend the nite somewhere in NC, then after breakfast head to WT so I can be there around lunchtime and set up so I have the whole afternoon to lounge around.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Everyone have a safe trip to Willow Tree and a safe trip back home. And of course a safe time while you are there. Terry and Renee

Gary F

For those driving from I-95 to SC 9 be mindful with your driving speed once you get onto SC 9. You travel through several small towns and the police will be out with radar, especially in the reduced speed zones.

SC 9 is utilized by folks heading to North Myrtle and bike week is this weekend. For the police, this will be "low hanging fruit" for speed violators.

I've traveled this route to WT several times throughout the year and always see speed traps in progress or law enforcement hanging-out in the problematic areas.

See you Friday - We will be checking in before noon.

jbeletti

Honey Bun Cake Recipe by Elsie Norris

At the rally this weekend, one of the wonderful items made by attendees was a cake made by Elsie Norris (L'l John). Wow - loved it!

She has shared the recipe with me and has allowed me to share it with you:

Honey Bun Cake

Cake Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
8 ounces sour cream

Filling Ingredients:
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Icing Ingredients:
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Steps:
Mix cake ingredients for batter
Pour 1/2 of batter into greased 9x13 pan
Mix filling ingredients and sprinkle onto batter that was poured into pan
Pour remaining batter into pan
Bake at 325 degrees F for 40 minutes
Mix icing ingredients together
Cool cake
Spread icing on cake

Enjoy!

Last edited:

jbeletti

Rally Group Picture

//heartlandowners.org/attachments/group_1.jpg
(click here to view/download a larger image)

Last edited:

trdeal

Jim Beletti said:
//heartlandowners.org/attachments/group_1.jpg
Good looking group of people. I think you are all HAPPY CAMPERS. Have a safe trip home.

jbeletti

Hi Terry and Renee. We missed you. Sorry you couldn't make it this time. Next year's rally is all set for October 3-5, 2008 - same place. A forum will be up and running for it soon.

Tom and Joyce (tdharley) were able to stop by for a visit and join us for lunch on Saturday. Real nice folks. It's always great to meet other forum members and product owners.

Jim

trdeal

Jim Beletti said:
Hi Terry and Renee. We missed you. Sorry you couldn't make it this time. Next year's rally is all set for October 3-5, 2008 - same place. A forum will be up and running for it soon.

Tom and Joyce (tdharley) were able to stop by for a visit and join us for lunch on Saturday. Real nice folks. It's always great to meet other forum members and product owners.

Jim
We missed all you guys too. Wanted to be there but it was more important to be with my family this weekend.Even if our family event had not been planned ,my work has picked up so much, I don't think I could have gotten off anyway. I know that you and Dave and any others that were involved with the planning did a great job.All day yesterday(Saturday) I was wondering what was going on at the rally. Anyway hope you have a safe trip home. I know that meeting tdharley had to be alot of fun and all the others had to be alot of fun.

davebennington

Now that the South East Regional Rally (AKA East Coast Rally) is in the history books. I would like to thank Jim and all of the rally attendees who made it a success, also a special thank you to Scott at Heartland for the tee shirts and footing the bill for the meeting hall. Camper Country who was a meal sponser.
I would also like to say the food at the potlucks (dinners and breakfast) was the best you folks really know how prepare a meal and the amazing thing is there was no two things alike.

The food was GREAT and the exchange of information was a help to all of us. I am looking forward to next year I know it will be bigger and better. This year we doubled in size I feel for sure next year we will double again.

Dave ( X- wagon master)

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Thanks Dave

Dave, I just want to say thanks. I know that all of the others at the rally share my feelings. Santha and I had a great time and will be back next year.
You were a great Wagon master. You kept us safe from indian attacks.
Thanks Randy and SanthaNone

jrlebaron

We would like to thank Jim and Dave for all the work they did to have this rally be a great success! It was our first rally, and we will definitely be there next year. We had a wonderful time! It was great to meet so many nice people. I will post my Creamy Broccoli Bake in the Camping Recipes section of the forum. Marlene

BJ'sDad

Well, I guess I was the one lone holdout:p

I left Willow Tree this morning and got home about an hour ago. I ended up moving from site 84 to 77 and stayed an few extra days. The weather broke on Wed when a cold front came thru and it was absolutely perfect weather the rest of the week, highs in the mid 70's, nite time it was in the 50's and 60's and hardly a cloud in the sky!:D

I regretted leaving on Sunday and getting into all the Sunday traffic on 95, but if I had stayed any longer, I would have had to just give in and stay the winter.....:rolleyes:

I never saw another Heartland after Wed, either in WT or on the way home. Saw a large number of RV's and 5'ers on the way home, guess they don't know what they are missing.:p

I'll post the squash casserole recipe (so I don't forget to send it to everyone who asked for it) in the CR forum as soon as I can get the Sundance unloaded and tucked into its resting place.