2008 3300SK Leaking Kitchen Slide

ppenka

Hey all,
I have a leaking Kitchen slide to the right of the stove that is just soaking the carpet in the cabinet. Checked oust side and looks like everything is in order. I am out here in Southern Cal and as we all know we got plenty of rain and half of it in the Cabinet. I have read a few posts in here but there wasn't any fixes that I could see. Looks like all my wiper's and stuff are in good condition on the outside of the slide and the other slides are doing fine. I really enjoy my 3300 and I just wish I could fix this. Help someone.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Well the good news is that the rain may be over for awhile. Bob Krull asked a great question. It might be possible with some of the high winds and rain, that water (rain) might have blown in the refer outside vents. Where in Socal are you??

Last edited:

ppenka

Well I didn't think of that but then again why would it only be in the one cabinet. I really don't know and I'm sick of trying to come up with a solution. So the Refer is on that side and I will check it. Right now I"m in Huntington Beach (Midway City to be exact but not to may people know where that is) a little out of the way trailer park that has Yards which my dog loves. I think I'm going to call a trailer guy to come out and look at this thing.

Bob&Patty

I would personally just dry it up and wait to see if it happens again with a driving wind and rain storm. If it was caused by the rain then how will a person charging you by the hour ($$$$$$) find it??

I do know where Huntington Beach is and Midway City. About a 1 1/2 hr drive from here.

ppenka

Nice yea I'm here working (for the last two years) and am the unofficial maint guy of the park and park ranger. Thats what happens when your a redneck stuck out here in socal. I"m going to check the refer vent tonight and see if thats where it is coming from. Went out a bought a wet vac yesterday and sucked up all the water for three hours last night. I just have to figure out how to get the vent off.

Bob&Patty

The vent should have 2 (I think) plastic slots at the corners you turn with a screw driver.

So...is this a public CG??

ppenka

ok well I took the vent off and the drain hose was short but still sticking out so I rerouted it. Here is the bad part now. I checked the cabinet under the TV and its wet also. I think I might have to adjust my slide or have someone do it for me. I'm going to pour some water in the Refer try to see if its draining properly and if it is then it has to be the seal on the slide. I did notice the last time I sucked it in that the back came in first then the front caught up. I really don't know at this point. The park I'm in wouldn't be considered a CG. Half of it is manufactured homes and the other half is RV's. It more for the long term parking. its right off of Beach Blvd and less that 5 miles to the beach. Like I said before its one of the only ones around where you can get a yard with your spot. All gravel for the coach and a slab to park on. also you can wash you coach and truck there also. You don't get to do that in too many parks around here.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Several folks, me included, have had rain water leak behind the refer vent frame and down the inside wall of the coach. It runs along the base of the wall and can show up anywhere. To see it, you need to remove the vent frame as well as the vent. If you have the problem, the bottom edge of the hole for the vent frame will be soaking wet. A good bead of caulk behind the frame will solve the problem.

ppenka

Nice. Ok so remove the outside refer vent cover. Then remove the from and check behind there. I take it it will not be that hard to remove? I just need to stop the water. I checked the level on the slide and its dead on. Checked the drain in the refer by pouring water in the tray and it drained nicely outside. I guess I can check behind the frame this weekend if it doesn't rain again. Thanks and I will keep you posted.