2008 big country weight

Has anyone ever got a true pin weight on a 2008 big country 3490bhs. I have a 2015 f350 gas job crew can and was wondering if I'm over with the camper loaded from what I was figuring I was over bc it was not a diesel ?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The only way to know the pin weight is to weigh your rig.
Everyone loads differently. Only your weight will tell the truth.
I think you will be fine.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

from looking over everything from the dealer my camper is to heavy for what I can tow so I was just curious on pin weight. Says 11300 if I'm reading it right and the camper is 14thousand dry according to the sticker

MCTalley

Looking at the 2015 F350 tow ratings for the 6.2L gas engine, they show around 11,800-12,200 lb max trailer for fifth wheel towing for the 3.73 axle and 14,800-15,200 lb max trailer for fifth wheel towing for the 4.30 axle. I guess the first order of business is to find out what axle you have.

14k dry sounds too heavy for an older Big Country. Our previous 3950FB, which is one of the heavier current models, was running around 13.5k empty. Look on the driver's side for the GVWR of the trailer. That would be the maximum loaded weight allowed. For example, on our current unit, that number is 15,500 lb.

On newer trailers, not sure if they did it back in 2008, the dry weight of the unit as it left the factory is shown on a yellow sticker on the door frame. You can see it by opening the outside door(s).

Yes I have 3.73 and I miss typed it's 14 thousand loaded but yes I'll take a pic and post it up of the tag I just figured my 1 ton would be able to take on more but it's just bc of the gears motor ex. I look at it as it has all the same suspension and braking I have no issues and surprised with the 6.2l