2008 f450 tsb 091910

beasleyrl

This summer, we purchased a used F450. Got a great deal and love the truck. Hate the gas mileage! Pulling the Cyclone we were getting about 6.3MPG. Not pulling, we get a little less than 10. I should say, this has the 4.88 transmission so I didn't expect to set any records, but moving from my 07 Silverado 3500 with 7.5 towing about 18 not towing, it hurts! I looked around and found a TSB which Ford doesn't tell you about unless you ask. It is TSB 091910. I'm not sure what magic it does, but what a difference! The truck drives much better - more responsive. Towing up hill, I can now actually accelerate when towing. In addition, I'm getting about 1MPG better (7.5MPG) and about 13MPG in town driving not towing. If you have one of these trucks, I highly recommend you have Ford apply this TSB.

GOTTOYS

A TSB is a Technical Service Bulletin. It is a proven method to take care of a specific complaint as it relates to your vehicle. It is NOT a recall and there IS usually a charge to perform the service unless your vehicle is still under warranty. TSBs come out all the time for different vehicles and consumers are not notified of them. If you bring your vehicle in with a specific complaint IE: high fuel consumption, the dealer can check for various TSBs for that complaint and see if they will apply to your vehicle. Often they may be a computer reflash or as simple as an adjustment to a certain component. If a TSB does apply to your vehicle and it is not under warranty there will be a charge to perform the service. You may also be charged for diagnostic time whether they find something or not. Just thought I might clear this up so you don't go to a dealer thinking there are no charges for this which is the case for a Recall but not a TSB....Don