2008 Fall Rally in Frankenmuth, MI - Sept. 18-21

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Lamplighter is a pretty good place for breakfast as well. Just outside the campground is a mini-brewery and restaurant, I think it is called the Black Forest. Food isn't all that cheap, but is pretty good.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
cookie sent you a email, rec your message. Great to see you can make it.Let me know if you rec my email. Thanks TRAVELER07[Rick]

cdbMidland

Hi,
I will be in Midland, MI that weekend at a Hot Air Balloonfest. It is held every year that weekend so maybe in 2009 u can have the rally there. They a a fairgrounds there that would be nice for a rally..

Paul, just found out yesterday that the balloonfest is actually the weekend before - September 12-14. Not always believing everything that the local paper publishes, I called the Remax office as they are the prime sponsor and the receptionist confirmed the 9/12-14 dates.

And, regarding the fairgrounds, there have been a lot of rallies held there - Airstream and Good Sam to mention a couple, so it might be an excellent spot.

TRAVELER07

[Mich fall rally schedule at Jellystone Park Frankenmuth Michigan .] Greetings; This is a schedule for the Frankenmuth Mich rally every thing is OPTIONAL. I will arrive on Tuesday Sep.16th and would like to thank all the attendees Thursday Sep 18th a meet and greet,evening campfire[weather permitting],check out city, [ optional]check out Oct. fest [optional].Fri.Sep.19th show us your mods and or unit [optional],check out Bronners Christmas store[optional],check out Oct fest[optional],check out city[optional]6pm is dinner reservations at Zhenders[all you can eat] German style family chicken dinner $18.95 a person, bev. not included.[optional] after dinner we can check out the Oct fest or go back to campground.Sat.Sep.20 9am breakfast at Tonys I75 resturant Birch Run big breakfast [I mean BIG] is $8.63 person [you get a doggie bag, is optional],after breakfast we will stop at Birch Run General RV to look at the Heartland models on display.[optional] 6 pm pot luck dinner [bring a dish to pass around,and bring your eatting utinsiles]after dinner just hanging out,or what ever you feeling like doing. Sun.Sep.21,9am I will cook blueberry pancakes, o.j.and coffee,again bring your eatting utinsiles say our good byes . REMEMBER Everything is a OPTION and you don't have to do it. Thank YOU TRAVELER07 Looking forward to seeing you soon! I can't wait!

cdbMidland

Traveler07

I think I count 13 or 14 people in 7 rigs (this doesn't count Saundra and me as we have not made our plans as yet). Is this what you have?

Living so close to Frankenmuth and visiting there a few times/year, there's not much that we haven't seen, so I/we might just do a mini-rally, or just stop over for a visit. Sure want to meet everyone, that's for sure. And, I am willing to help out with the chapter, but not sure doing what. I do publish a couple of newsletters for our K of C council and assembly - nothing fancy, but it does get the word out to everyone. Maybe I could help with something like that or whatever needs to be done. However, I plan to be in Florida the first three months of next year. Michigan may have great summers, but the winters are too much for us, now that I'm retired.

Also, I don't see a special time for a meeting to formally organize the Michigan chapter. Maybe Friday before or after the dinner at Zehender's or Saturday after the potluck at the campground could suffice - I would think 60-90 minutes would be enough for that.

TRAVELER07

Hi Chuck That would be a good idea, would like to see you and Saundra there; Sure we can talk about getting the Mich chapter off the ground. We have also been to Frankenmuth many times, but many attendees have not, and I wanted something to do for both the men and women if they wanted to do some tourist things.everything is optional .And yes, Chuck I would like and need your help getting this chapter off the ground because it's all new to me.And also Blanca and I will start fulltiming in Oct of 2008 ,but will do the best I can do with a cell phone and computer,if nobody wants to head the Mich chapter. We will always try to come to this area in summer because of family and stay for the heartland rally. Hope to see and meet you at the Mich rally. TRAVELER07 [Rick]

cdbMidland

One activity that my wife does want to see is the craft fair which is that weekend, so maybe we will be doing an overnight or two.

cdbMidland

You may now remove the question mark after my name. I made a reservation at Jellystone coming in Thursday afternoon, Sept 18 and leaving Sunday, Sept 21.

Thanks for the MARVAC coupon - it will save my $26.

Looking forward to seeing all and having a great time.

TRAVELER07

Chuck, glad to see that you and Saundra can make it to the rally looking for you on Thusrday Sep 18 Thanks for comming TRAVELER 07

TRAVELER07

Hello everyone, Well we made it through a Mich rally; It was alot of fun and we can thank Tonys resturant for bacon leftovers in everything we ate ,we started with potluck day and it soon turned out to be 5 days of pot luck breakfast,lunch and dinners, weather was great. I would like to thank katkens[Ken and Kathy Strong],[Jim Belletti], jnphobe[Jon and Pat Holbet],wfwilson[Wayne and Gayle Wilson],cdbmidland[Chuck and Saundra Batcke],cookie[Dave and Mary Hromek],jolar3329 [Larry and Joann McCullen and russbonbon Russ and Bonnie Eicho, for comming to the 1st annual Heartland owners Mich rally. Next year is still in the planning stages but it's looking like the same time and looks like it may be in Holland Mich. Again THANKS TO ALL YOU WHO CAME, YOU ALL MADE IT GREAT! TRAVELER07[Rick and Blanca C U next year [next year mike3fan get a load closer to the rally because we missed you!]

Last edited:

mike3fan

I am so disapointed I couldn't make it,you have no idea.Stupid Hurricane:mad:

I never got a load until 6pm on Friday out of New Orleans after being there since Sun.

jbeletti

Great job planning and executing the rally Rick and Blanca. I had a great time and seriously afraid to get on the scale :)

Attached are shots of the guys and girls who were present at picture taking time.

Jim

Attachments

• girls_frankenmuth.jpg
    girls_frankenmuth.jpg
    626.6 KB · Views: 41
  • guys_frankenmuth.jpg
    guys_frankenmuth.jpg
    684.1 KB · Views: 41

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, I agree. Great fun rally.:) We just got home and now it's back to a much different diet. Not as tasty but healthier.:( I think we still have bacon leftover in the frig. Thanks for organizing Rick.
Peace
Dave

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We would like to truly thank Rick & Blanca for all the hard work putting the Rally ,together. Would like to thank Jim Beletti ...A.K.A. Margarita Man for helping and representing Heartland for the Rally. It was great meeting old friends again and making new friendships. Thanks to everyone for making it a most enjoyable get together and a great Rally. Until we meet again , all take care and Happy Travels......Kenny & Kathy

jnbhobe

Well it looks like everyone is back home now,except maybe Kathy and Kenny.Patti and I want to thank Blanca and Rick for putting things together you did a great job.We also want to thank everyone who came for making us feel so welcome. We had a wonderful time.It was so good to see everybody again,and to meet all our new friends. Hope to see everyone in Goshen in june. Travel Safely!:):) PATTI & JON

cdbMidland

Had a great time! Many thanks!

Sorry that it is taking so long to offer my thanks to Rick and Blanca and to everyone who attended. It was a great event, and we are looking forward to the two Michigan events next year, and perhaps even the Ontario one, in addition to the international rally in Goshen.

We were only home for one day and then left for Petoskey and stayed at Magnus Park, right behind the hospital and right on the water. Full hookups for $22/night and four great Lake Michigan sunsets.

Then visiting time with wife's sister and brother-in-law - they left last Wednesday. Now my son and his family from Kentucky are here for a weekNone

Only problem was finally getting time to get back on the forum, last Saturday - 1247 posts and 276 threads. Slowly getting to them, back to front.

jbeletti

BLT at Tony's in Birch Run, MI

Well, for those of you who were not at the 2008 Fall Michigan Rally in Frankenmuth, here's a treat for your eyes:

517033543_7440853d00.jpg

That is a BLT sandwich at Tony's in Birch Run, MI on I-75 near Frankenmuth. This is where we ate breakfast one day during the rally. Every meal they serve that has bacon in it, has a full pound of bacon!

I was reminded of this tonight as we watched Sandwich Paradise on the Travel Channel. During the opening tease of the show, I saw this HUGE BLT and I knew it had to be Tony's. An hour later at the end of the show, sure enough, the show was at Tony's.

What a place. When heading up to the the UP of Michigan, Tony's is a "must stop".

Jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Jim, please don't tell us that you went back up there just for a BLT.:) You bring back fond memories of "The Big B". I still can't look at bacon. LOL Tony's was great. Just don't tell anyone about the banana split with 1/2 gallon of ice cream.
Peace
Dave