2008 Ford F450 6.4L Twin Turbo Big Horn 3600RL

Cooper

Well Dallas hit $3.29 in my area. I do not understand in the past their would have been protest and marches on the White House by somebody but, nothing. Were getting *#%@%$ and where taking it. In the past our elected official's would have said somthing but, no all they see is dollar sign's. Shell had 9 Billion dollar profit and the price keeps climbing.:mad:

Too bad we dont have some kind of RVer's club set up to get a discount on fuel.:confused:

timk

A question for all you 6.4 Ford guys. Are you aware of the regeneration process when it happens?

kognito

I was in a Velerro station in New Braunsfels this morning that the sign said 3.239, but when I filled up (52 gallons) the receipt said 3.079!!

Computer error in my favor!!!!!!!:D

Tom of Ypsi

Down here in the Rio Grande Valley I have seen $2.99 at Walmart up to $3.29 at a Valero today. Reg gas is $2.85 for the most part.

madigand

Filled up at Walmart in Kilgore, TX and with shopping card was $2.96 gal for Diesel. Most places around here are selling at $3.19

Cooper

Shell $3.44 and climbing Beltline and Midway / cheapest $3.09 @ Valario (Shamrock) on Midway and G. Bush Dallas area.

Need some advice! I have been a Chevy owner for years but it seems that General Moter care less about R.V. owners in the past couple of years. I now own a 2006 Chevy 2500 with a 6.0 gas engine. I pull a 36' Big Horn short distance only. My Plans are to move to Flordia from Minnesota in the next two years. I know that the trip would be hard on the Chevy. General Motors does not offer the 8.1 with the Allision tranny anymore. I might be forced to look at the Ford. Any suggestions?

jimtoo

LOOK AT A FORD!!!!!:cool: :( :confused: :eek: (GAG! COUGH!!!! UGH!!!) Your Chev might be a little overloaded, but if it is just a one way trip, you should be OK. None

Why not go with a Duramax/Allison and be happy!!!! :D :D

Jim

jpmorgan37

Hi Bill;
I was a GMC, Chevy, GMC owner from 1988 until last year when I bought my Ford. To clarify jimtoo's comment, I am breathing very easy without using any supplimental inhalers or decongestants, and my swallowing reflex is still quite normal. The bottom line-I really like my Ford. (But is will say that the Duramax/Allison is a great combination for a Tow Vehicle). I don't think your 6.0 will handle the job through the mountains and survive. JMHO

John

Tom of Ypsi

No matter what you get you should upgrade what you have now. My brother has the Chevy 6 gasser and I was following him through the mountains of Ky, Tn and he could barely go 40-45 mph wide open. He is towing a 30', single slide 5th wheel around 8000#. Like JP Morgan I too am breathing just fine with my Ford.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Bill & Judy Eslinger said:
My Plans are to move to Flordia from Minnesota in the next two years. I know that the trip would be hard on the Chevy.

In my opinion, your one-way trip (if you go fairly direct) will not experience any significant hills or mountains, and once you get to Florida, it is pretty well flat. I would stay with your 2006 Chevy.

jpmorgan37

I know that when I used to go from Minnesota to Florida to see my son, I ran through some pretty good hills in Kentucky, Tennessee and Georgia. If I came back the eastern route and across Pennsylvania, I had the same thing. I don't know how to do it without going through some pretty good hills. JMHO

John

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
My route was I-75. Yes, there are hills in those three states, but nothing that I thought that was too terrible. I've never thought though about trying the I-95 - those hills do scare me (at least going from I-75 to I-95).

jpmorgan37

Chuck;

That Cummings just grins at those hills. He is asking about a 3/4 ton 6 liter gas. It will hurt on some of them.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bill & Judy Eslinger said:
Need some advice! I have been a Chevy owner for years but it seems that General Moter care less about R.V. owners in the past couple of years. I now own a 2006 Chevy 2500 with a 6.0 gas engine. I pull a 36' Big Horn short distance only. My Plans are to move to Flordia from Minnesota in the next two years. I know that the trip would be hard on the Chevy. General Motors does not offer the 8.1 with the Allision tranny anymore. I might be forced to look at the Ford. Any suggestions?
Bill, even the 8.1 would be revving pretty good on the big hills. We had the 8.1/Allison in our last truck and even through Arkansas and Missouri there were a few hills that had us into 3rd gear. Since we got the Duramax it's an amazing diffence. Not to mention better mileage both towing and not. I have to look away when I see one of the new F450's too. I promised my wife no more new toys. That f450 gets me drooling though.:p

BluegrassMan

On the "regeneration" on the new diesels, I have a little over 900 mi. so far. I haven't yet noticed it regenerating, I know it had to at least once maybe twice. My chrome exhaust tips are clean "no soot". The process must work. Mileage still sucks though.

I have a friend that makes his own "bio" for him and his son. He has been getting oil from 3 chinese restaurants, it used to cost him about $.70 a gallon to make, now the methanol he uses went up in price, now it's $1.00 or so to make.