2008 IL Chapter Summer Rally being planned

jbeletti

Hey all you Illinois (and other nearby) Heartlanders,

I am planning our first Illinois Chapter Rally. If there is sufficient interest (say 5 rigs or more) - then it's a GO. So who's in? :D

Here's the details thus far:

We've stayed at this CG before. It's very near the expressway so it's pretty accessible. The site I was in was fairly level. No more than a board off. Not sure where Jeri (Jerry and Jeri - our CG hosts) is planning for us to be but I am sure it will be fine. Also, for those who are into it, the Lincoln Museum is nearby and it is fabulous. the Lincoln Library is across the street from the museum - haven't tried that yet.

Plan to join us for some fun and friendship.

Jim

The Details:
  • What: 2008 IL Chapter Summer Rally
  • When: August 22-24, 2008 (check-in: 1:00 / check-out: noon - early check-in $5 if space is open)
  • Where: Double J Campground - Chatham, IL (Springfield) - (217) 483-9998
  • Map: Map to Double J Campground
  • Cost: *$27 per night (50 amp / full hookups / 2 people / 1 trailer / 1 vehicle) - $2 for each additional person - Early/Late days are full-rate: $29
  • Registration: Reply to this thread to get on the list, then contact the campground to make your site reservation. Tell them you are with the Heartland Rally in order to get our rally rate and to be placed in our section (rows E&F)
  • Sites: 10 being held through 25-July
  • Chapter Leader: tbd (position available!)
  • Rally Wagonmaster: Jim Beletti

*Discounted rate of $27 based on 10 rigs. If we end up short, our rate will be $29.

If you have a roof-mounted satellite dish and "require" satellite access, a couple of the sites in row F "may" have line-of-site to the satellites. Please make your request for these couple of sites with the CG when you call them to make your reservations. The CG does have a 10 channel cable system that is included in your rate.

Attendees (R indicates confirmed as registered with CG):
  1. R Jim and Nancy Beletti(Jim Beletti & yorkiemom) - Arriving: 8/21 (Thu) - Potluck: Corn Casserole
  2. R Ken and Kathy Strong (katkens) - Arriving: 8/21 (Thu) - Potluck: Potato Salad and a Dessert
  3. R Bob and Joyce Leinweber (leinweber) - Arriving: 8/22 - Potluck: ?
  4. Rick and Blanca Jagiello (TRAVELER07) - Arriving: ? - Potluck: ?
  5. R Neil and Sharon Weiss (Netem) - Arriving: 8/22 - Potluck: Strawberry Four Layer Dessert
  6. R Bill and Bert Brown (bert) - Arriving: 8/22 - Potluck: ?
  7. R Clarence Miller and Jackie Jondro (cemill) - Arriving: 8/22 - Potluck: Romaine, cranberry, mandarin orange salad
  8. R Don & Shirley Sorrill (SORRILL) - Arriving: 8/21 - Potluck: ?
  9. Brian and Janie Smith (rev2damax) - Arriving: ? - Potluck: ?

The Agenda (tentative - still making it up - ideas??:

Wed-Fri:
  • Arrivals
Friday:
  • Campfire / Getting to know each other
  • Wine Tasting - if interested, bring 1 to 2 bottles of your favorites and your glasses to the campfire. We'll have a table for the bottles :)
Saturday:
  • Morning: Lincoln Museum Tour (each pays his own - opens at 9 am)
  • Lunch: On your own
  • 6 pm: *Potluck Dinner (Club supplies hamburgers/hotdogs - everyone brings a side dish or dessert to share)
  • Campfire
Sunday:
  • Breakfast on your own (subject to change)**
  • By noon: Pack up and head home :(

* Heartland Owners Club will supply hamburgers/hotdogs and table service for the Potluck. Everyone please bring your own drinks and a side dish or dessert to share with the group. Please let me know what you want to bring so we can add it to the list.

** Farewell breakfast to be pancakes cooked by Jim and Rick. We will supply that and we are looking for others to supply bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, fruit etc. I know this is a busy time on the last morning with packing up and all but please take a few moments to come by the pavilion around 9 am to join us for a pancakes to say goodbye until next time :)

Last edited:

jbeletti

We'd love to see you guys again. Missed you in Goshen in 2007.

Sorry about the CG. It seemed okay to me when I stayed there last year. We'll muscle through it. When we're there, I'd love to see another area CG you feel would be better for a small rally. I really don't know the area that well so I went with what I knew :)

Great to hear from you and hope to see you in August if not in Branson in June first!

Jim

Paul & Nan

Jim--We are waiting for signup info for Branson-I already have the time off approved at work--We will also be scouting out for a Ship Reunion in Branson the following May. Nan

jsmwrm

As we live in Springfield I'll post two campgrounds that are within 20 miles of the city.

We do alot of camping at Sangchris Lake - State Park DNR, which is about 15 miles from the city of Springfield. They don't have "full-hook-ups", but have stations for water fill and of course dumping. They offer two campgrounds with one being on the water and they do take reservations. We enjoy the one on the lake and spend a total of a month there in season, sometimes a week and sometimes a long weekend.

There is also a KOA that is closer to the city, but off in the woods and not right off the interstate. Both are easy to get to!

Bighorn should be arriving end of Feb!!!None

jsmwrm

We would like to join in with the camping on Aug 15-17 and meet some Heartland owners in Illinois, as we are soon to be Bighorn owners.

Sue and Butch Moroney
Griz (Dog)
Springfield, Il

We'll tow a long long way of 7 miles for the weekend! :)

jbeletti

Hi Sue and Butch,

Locals - cool! Think of the fun you'll have for such little diesel fuel burned!

Looking forward to meeting you both.

Make your reservation with the CG directly and see you in August.

Jim

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We would like to come but DW works every other weekend at a hospital and wouldn't ya know thats her weekend to work. We will have a wait and see how things go between now and then. We have been to the Double J before and is a nice place and they sell HeartLand trailers.....Ken

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I just saw this. I will do some investigating and let you know. How far from Indianapolis is Springfield?

Corin1110

Elkhart, IL Rally

Are you guys going to the Elkhart, IL April rally? We are registered but never heard from anyone about a tour of the Heartland plant Friday afternoon. I was hoping you would know more.

We're planning to show up Thursday night and leave Sunday after church. We have lambs due in the next 1-2 weeks so if we have new lambs 2 days before the rally we may have to miss it.

jbeletti

Hi Keith and Kathy,

Yes, I am going to the Elkhart RV.net rally in April. The Heartland tour is scheduled for 2pm on Friday.

I see that you are on the list for this rally. See page 53 here to see your name.

I will be in town all that week so I'll see you when you get there. This is "not" a Heartland rally. It's a RV.net rally that is being organized by another RVer (Teacher's Pet). As such, I can't really shed much light on it for you. I know that there will be a lot of brands there and thus far, 5 Heartland products. All information about this rally is managed on that mega-long thread above on RV.net.

See ya there!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
For those of you going to the IL rally at Double J, be sure to bring an extra length of sewer hose. The Sewer hookup is all the way at the back of the pull thrus just like at Goshen. My 50amp power cord just made it. Nice place and good Pizza in town at Vito's. Today Diesel @ $3.989. Who said the price was coming down?:(

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Well... Jim ...looks like we can now make the Rally since the date change. We will be there unless something unexpected happens between now and then. Looking forward to meeting everyone and the chance to get away.....Ken & Kathy

jbeletti

Very cool Ken.

For everyone planning to come to this rally, while I do have 10 sites set aside, each of us needs to call the Double J to make your site reservation. I need to do the same :eek: They may not actually give you a specific site number just yet but you'll for sure have a space!

Thanks,

gebhart

Illinois Rally

JIM We have made the reservations at the Double J for that weekend. Look forward to seeing you there.

Netem

Jim ,thinking about trying to make it to the Double J. How many people do you have signed up? Is anything special planed for the weeked?

jbeletti

Netem,

We have 3 confirmed rigs thus far. My goal is 5 and we have 10 sites reserved for now. We'll give the unreserved sites back about 30 days out from the rally.

No definite plans yet. Nancy and I would like to visit the Lincoln Museum again as it was awesome a year ago when we saw it. I plan to come in 2 days early. Nancy plans to drive down maybe Thursday night.

I'd like to have a potluck dinner Saturday night. We have access to the pavilion and our sites are nearest to the pavilion.

Other than that, just a lazy weekend to camp with friends, meet new ones, share our common bonds of RVing and Heartland products and of course, feed each other well.

Hope you can make it.

Jim

Corin1110

That sounds like fun. I'll talk with Keith and get back with you. The rally in Goshen last April was our first and we really had a great time. Everyone made us feel welcome.