2008 Rally - Branson, Missouri - June 12-15, 2008 - General Thread

CGibson

Thanks Marv for the pictures. We will have to remember the KOA when we move back to that area, as it really looks like a nice place to hook-up for a few days. I hope you all are continuing to have a great time.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The photos are great! Thanks Marv! It looks like a "Heartland Exclusive" Dealer show. I hope everyone has fun. We will be in Goshen fer sure next year.

SmokeyBare

Sorry about the Link not working at first....

I messed it up.... Sure glad you were able to get past my goof up and see them....

And Yes there are two Cyclones here as well... They are well represented too !!!

We just finished a good old fashion fire side chat... well... with out the campfire... but the stories... still flowed among us all....

Nope... No bail needed... we are responsible Rv'ers... we all were assigned to be Designated non drivers... walking back to the Rv was the only risk... Thank goodness KOA's Security looked the other way as we slowly drifted back to our rigs...

Marv

jbeletti

COFFEE! Sounds good. Waiting for my trainer to arrive to work on my "throwing arm" :)

Having breakfast in the hall with LK around 9.

Jim

Pulltab

WOW! What a great time we had last night, then at the end of the night I posed for a picture for Lizzy and she did for me LOL!! I will now refer to her as Lizzy BOAR-den :)

Jim did us PROUD in the sharpshooting contest at the show!
thumbup.gif

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
What a great last night gala. Great food, great entertainment, fantastic company. The saddest part is going to be the goodbyes tomorrow. All in all, the best time I ever had without ending up in jail.None;)
Fred

jbeletti

Buddy the Bear in Branson, MO

A note to all from the Pearcys:

"The Pearcys would like to thank all those folks who contributed to the wardrobe of Buddy the Bear. It was fun to wake up to something new each day and he loves his Hawaiian garb.

Safe travels to everyone . . .what a great rally !

Tom & Sandy

P.S. We'll post his picture asap."

Pulltab

Well, it's over folks. We made some good friends and was able to put names to a LOT of you now! Thanks to everyone participating in the rally and making it a great success, thanks to Jim and Nancy for taking on the task, your a funny man Jim Beletti :)

Last, Thanks to Heartland and the other sponsors for their generous participation in sponsoring the rally and being sure everyone had a great time. Although it is not beyond what heartland would do anyway, Great Company, Great people=Great rally! WE appreciate all that was done to ensure we had a good time!
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
So, how many were at the rally?

For all of us who wished we could have been there this year, how many units and how many people were at the rally this year?

Pulltab

We have arrived at our next destination of The Crater of Diamonds, hope everyone makes it home safe!

sharmulst

We have arrived at our first park on our way to SD. Very nice park at Platte City, MO, it is Basswood Country RV Park. Went through a terrible rainstorm around Clinton, MO. Had to pull off the road for awhile because it came down so hard that you couldn't keep it off the windshield and too dangerous to drive. Old Leatherneck and Lizzy were right behind us coming into the park.
Safe travel to all.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
For all of us who wished we could have been there this year, how many units and how many people were at the rally this year?

Jim can correct this if I am wrong, but the last I heard there were 53 rigs and 117 people. If that isn't exact, it isn't very far off. We sure wish everyone that owns a Heartland product could have been there. We had a great time and met some of the nicest and best folks in the world. Lizzy and I will do everything we can to make, not only the next annual ralley, but any local ones that we are close enough to travel to.
Thanks again Jim, Heartland and all the other sponsors for making sure we all had a great and memorable time.
Fred

jbeletti

Hi Chuck - We missed you and Saundra!

Fred was very close. There were 55 rigs with about 117 people. Michael Kidd was there, a few cool vendors were there. Everyone got along great. Fun-fun!

Thanks Tab! Great meeting the you, the legend and his bride! glad you made it safely to the next spot.

Steve/Sharon - A mini-"after rally" - cool!

We have one where too. Nancy and I are at the Double J CG in Chatham, IL (Springfield) with Terry and Carol Herschberger. And lo and behold, there are 2 other HL units here. One is none other than Jim and Linda Rotman. The other is a couple from Springfield, IL with an early 2006 Bighorn. They are about to head to Maine with their unit. They were not aware of the forum. They are now! They have a card and some can Koolies :)

We're hoping maybe Rick and Blanca will find us tonight - they were not far behind us.

Take care everyone.

Jim

Pulltab

I just spotted a bighorn in the campground here at Crater of Diamonds, tomorrow I will see if I can catch up with them. I can tell you now that they suffered a China syndrome, as I saw the side of the rv and the damage on the slideout YIKES!

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Hi Chuck - We missed you and Saundra!

Probably not as much as we missed y'all. However, it was the fanciest wedding I've ever attended. Nephew was smart - married into a very nice and wealthy family and his bride was the first to be married, so they had about everything you could imagine. By us staying back here, we kept peace in the family, but you don't know how close Saundra was to skipping the wedding and joining the rally.

Next year in Goshen, for sure.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Jim, We are at the KOA in LaSalle, IL. Just down the road from Hickory Hollow. Should have stayed at H Hollow again. KOA is all mud. Place needs work, starting with lots of gravel. Oh, well, live and learn. DW wants to stop at the Heartland dealer in South Beloit, I think it is Finnegans. Gee, I wonder why she wants to stop, Jim. Any ideas. Have a safe trip home, all. The rally was great.

jbeletti

Oh I have a good idea Tom. BTW - Finnegan's does not carry Landmark (that I noticed when I drove by recently). Man - you guys pushed it hard today! And I thought we ran a good distance today. Have fun at the dealer!

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jim, We are at the KOA in LaSalle, IL. Just down the road from Hickory Hollow. Should have stayed at H Hollow again. KOA is all mud. Place needs work, starting with lots of gravel. Oh, well, live and learn. DW wants to stop at the Heartland dealer in South Beloit, I think it is Finnegans. Gee, I wonder why she wants to stop, Jim. Any ideas. Have a safe trip home, all. The rally was great.
Could it be time for that new Landmark????:rolleyes: