2008 Rally - Branson, Missouri - June 12-15, 2008 - General Thread

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Thanks Jim for opening the Registration.

I attempted to use KOA's 800 number to get the early days we wanted... The 800 number takes you to a nationwide KOA system and not the Branson KOA.

Placed a Call to Branson's KOA Phone Number... The office is closed until March... but they do in fact have Full hook up sites through out the winter. Last attempt... I sent an Email to the Branson KOA... we'll see what comes of that.

Jim, a Question about site assigmnents. It would be nice for us who will be coming in early to know where we will be parked... so we can TRY reserving the very same site for the post Rally days.

Will we be given our RV site number after we register for the Rally?

We're looking forward to our Branson visit.

Marv.. did you find out anymore about site assignments?...Kenny

GregH

Trouble with the link

I had the same experience the first time I tried to register. All that came up was the sales page for RegOnline. I had the pop-up blocker engaged on my pc. Once I turned it off, the registration page came right up. Hope this helps...

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
GregH...Thanks, that worked great...just had to turn the pop-up blocker off BEFORE clicking on the link! All registered and ready to go.

Also, the phone number I got thru to KOA on was 417-334-4414. It rang right into the manager's house.

Katken...I asked about site assignment, as we don't want to move after arriving early. She said they would try to make sure we didn't...I would assume someone from the rally will be there early and be able to assign us directly to our rally sites, eliminating the need to be moved.

Kathy

jbeletti

Hi all,

I am traveling this week and next and have limited access to email.

Thanks to everyone who has helped out on this so far. You guys are great!

In summary:

KOA:
Yes - they are open
Owner is on vacation (as of 21-Feb)
Manager takes call from home and is returning voice messages quickly
The local number to the KOA is 417-334-4414

Sites:
We have a block of sites. We know the numbers and the site lengths.
Plan is to do site assignments on-site as rigs pull in. We'll match the rig length to the site lengths.

Early arrivals must make their early date reservations directly with the KOA. Ask them to put you into Heartland Rally location.

It is my plan to not move anyone. So if you are in a site when I arrive (maybe on Monday), I will note the site you are in and block it out for you unless you tell me you want to move.

The use of a 3rd party (RegOnline) is new for me but I had to go to it in terms of a time management thing for me. The credit card processing feature as well as complete registration process feature was a big plus as well.

The direct URL to the registration form is: www.regonline.com/2008branson

Turn off your pop-up blocker before you begin your registration.

Later, I'll make a new thread for these registration tips and make it sticky.

I also wanted to thank those who have already registered. Of the 10 or so to date, "nearly" all of them are people who have made it to past International rallies and/or to one of the chapter rallies. Point is that these people know what fun these rallies are and they continue to come back. If you're on the fence on deciding to join us, I say - take a risk, you may enjoy it and get a lot out of it.

Thanks,

Jim

katkens

GregH...Thanks, that worked great...just had to turn the pop-up blocker off BEFORE clicking on the link! All registered and ready to go.

Also, the phone number I got thru to KOA on was 417-334-4414. It rang right into the manager's house.

Katken...I asked about site assignment, as we don't want to move after arriving early. She said they would try to make sure we didn't...I would assume someone from the rally will be there early and be able to assign us directly to our rally sites, eliminating the need to be moved.

Kathy

Thanks, Kathy and Jim in your follow up post... looking forward to meeting everyone.....Ken (Kenny;))

SmokeyBare

Ken,

Finally was able to get the reservations made today.

They replied to my email... asking us to call... the third call was the winning one !!

We will be there on Sunday and staying the week. Should be a great time. This will be our first venture to Branson and we're looking forward to seeing the area.

See ya all at the Rally....

Marv

katkens

Ken,

Finally was able to get the reservations made today.

They replied to my email... asking us to call... the third call was the winning one !!

We will be there on Sunday and staying the week. Should be a great time. This will be our first venture to Branson and we're looking forward to seeing the area.

See ya all at the Rally....

Marv

Thanks..Marv.. check out the Dixie Stampede dinner show , we go there everytime we go to Branson and you get to eat dinner with your fingers and no one cares.:D...Ken

jbeletti

Dixie Stampede - 2008 Branson Rally

Hi guys,

Hold off on going to Dixie Stampede on your early days. I am looking for a sponsor now. I am planning to take the rally attendees there on Friday. Yee ha!

Thanks,

Jim

Cheryl

Good news/bad news. Good news: our son is getting married 06/07/08. Bad news: we won't be able to make the rally this year. My mother will be flying up for the wedding and staying with us (more bad newsNone). Now we have to wait another year to meet everybody at the 2009 rally. Thanks for keeping the date a little later in the month Jim.

cmart

Okay Jim, I've never been to a Rally and as a fairly new Bighorn owner I don't have a clue what I'm getting into, but Sherry and I will be there.

jbeletti

Hi Curtis,

You're getting yourself into a lot of fun. 2/3s of the signups so far are returnees. That tells me they love it!

Specifically, camping, food, fellowship, fun. Some vendor presentations, "maybe" trailer service. Did I say food yet!

Granted, being this far from home base (Elkhart County, Indiana), the rally will be different than the last two, but should still prove to be a great time.

I'll be getting an agenda posted in the next few weeks.

There are still some changes and settling in going on at Heartland and I am very busy at my day job with lots of travel. These items have conspired against me and has me a bit behind on rally planning.

Stay tuned and I am happy to hear you're a GO. Saw your registration come through today along with Mike and Betty's. We're at 28 now.

See ya,

Jim

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Jim (and all),

cmart is ahead of me! I have never been to a rally and never had an RV. I have yet to p/u my Cyclone, but - my wife, Rene'e, & I will be there. I'm signing up as soon as I post this! I'm hoping they have LARGE pull thru sites or plenty of room to back up! See ya'll soon - storm's coming!!

jbeletti

HT - come on down y'all! :D

John and Sue Morgan were my eyes for the park selection. The sites are better at the KOA than at ABC in Branson - thus, our choice was made.

I have never been there but I plan to hand out sites as people arrived and do so based on a best match of rig length to site length. This is why I am capturing rig info for the rally. Plus having the data is just plain handy.

Here's what we have through today (15-Feb):
Bighorn = 20
Landmark - 6
Cyclone = 1
Sundance = 1
----------------
Total: 28

Where's the North Trails, Razors and Trailrunners?

Jim

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
It's Official!

If at first you don't succeed... Had a registration malfunction the first attempt. PMd Ken and Jim. Thanks, Ken, for the phone #. I was waiting until this morning to call them, when I got an email from Jim. I just went back through regonline None - done deal. We'll be there!

I checked out the Branson KOA website, looks like a great place! They ought to have plenty of spots for a Cyclone! Looking forward to meeting you folks.

katkens

If at first you don't succeed... Had a registration malfunction the first attempt. PMd Ken and Jim. Thanks, Ken, for the phone #. I was waiting until this morning to call them, when I got an email from Jim. I just went back through regonline None - done deal. We'll be there!

I checked out the Branson KOA website, looks like a great place! They ought to have plenty of spots for a Cyclone! Looking forward to meeting you folks.

You are welcome... but if Ken & Kathy ( kakampers ) & Marv (SmokeyBare) hadn't got my simple mind straight on the logistics I'd been in the dark also. Love it when a plan comes together , see ya in Branson....Ken

jammaw08

Hey All, we just got our registration in. This is our first rally too, so we are really looking forward to it.

jnbhobe

Hi everyone, just a quick question about the rally.If all 100 sites are reserved are the reservations shut off or may more be available.

jbeletti

Hi Patti and John,

Thirty-four of our 100 sites are now registered. When we reach 100, the registration system will begin to take people on a waiting list. As and if cancellations occur, the wait listed people will be notified in the order they wait listed.

I'd say if you are not ready just yet, that you'll be safe to float through March. I'd guess that we'll fill it all in April. These are just my guesses so please check the site once a week.

Hope to see you in Branson.

Jim

jnbhobe

Thanks Jim for the info I'll hold off for a couple of weeks and try to get my schedule straight.I've got the state 8-ball tourney first three weekends in march,Charlotte NC car show the last week end of march and then to flordia to see the grandkids in the middle of april. Our honeymoon was in Branson and we go back every five years, Ten years this year.It would be great meet some new freinds and get to go to the rally also.All we need is the new BH can't show up with some SOB.