2009 heartland landmark cape cod water tank/tanks

tsloan88

i have a 2009 heartland landmark cape cod.
was wondering where the fresh water tank/tanks were located at . ive seen several places where they could be . wanting to know so i know where to place a heater under camper for winter to keep from freezing.
we have already put skirting up. also was wondering the size of the tank/tanks .
reasoning for all of this is to keep from freezing water tank and also i was wanting to know size of fresh water tank because im throwing around the idea of just useing the fresh water tank duriing winter and not haveing to be worried bout a hose freezing up useing city water

danemayer

If you don't have tank heating pads, you'll have to be concerned about all the holding tanks freezing. So location of the fresh tank isn't the only thing that matters.

But you can usually identify the fresh tank location by the drain location - typically on the off-door-side at the front of the tank. I don't know the specific capacity, but I'd expect it to be around 100 gallons.

If you have skirting, a heater inside the skirting will likely keep the entire area warm unless you have significant air gaps allowing heat transfer.

tsloan88

I am concerned about all the tanks freezing .
Mainly the fresh water tank as I beleave it is behind the rear axle on the off door side as I found the drain for it and that's where the drain is located. I have skirting all around the rv. 3/4 insulated foam board. With landscaping timbers all around the bottom holding the foam. With foil tape holding it to the rv on the lower side . I used expanding foam around all the cracks to seal it up. Just wanted to know location so I new exactly where to focus heat ect.
Thank you for the reply as it helped locate the fresh water tank . I was under the assumption that it was under the master bed as we have storage there and in the storage compartment floor it pulls up . I wasn't sure what was under there as I've seen some have their tanks there .
I've seen a attachment to put on the fresh water hose that's filling up the tank that will tell how many gallons goes in the tank . And I can't remember what is was called .

danemayer

You can use a hose water meter like this one from Amazon. If you have difficulty filling the tank using the gravity fill, you can pretty easily add a hose connection that tees into the line between fresh tank and water pump. You just need to be careful to not overfill the tank. When filling with pressurized water from a spigot, overfilling can rupture the tank.