2009 Northtrail 32QBSS Specs/Axle

Logantrey

Hi I have a 2009 North Trail 32QBSS. We have had it a few years now and our wheel bearing just broke. We ended up having to have the brake, wheel bearing and axle fixed. Upon having our axle fixed our mechanic told us the axle's were 3,500 lb axles and that they were too small for our unit. I noticed that the new models have 4,500 lb axles. Has anyone had any problems with their units? Also, I cannot seem to find any specs on my trailer telling me what the axles are supposed to be and Heartland told me they had no info??? How can that be??

I do know that the dry weight of the 2011 is over 7,100. I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Logantrey, Your axle combined capacity would be 7000#. Depending on the GVRW for your trailer, you would deduct the actual loaded pin weight from the total weight of the trailer. The remaining number would be what your axles are carrying. I'm guessing your loaded pin weight is around 900 to 1000#. What's the GVRW of your rig? You are probably marginal on the axles.
As for Heartland not having any info, that does sound strange. Did you give them your VIN?

irvin56

The specs are on Heartland web site. I have a 31 QBSunit. GVWR for tt is rated for the 2 axles 3500 x 2= 7000 lbs. 6900 lbs max weight. All weights are calculated by the axles under all units.
now take off the 800 lbs Hitch weight brings unit down by that much on axles, as your vehicle carry that weight not tt axles . 7000 - 800= 6200 lbs. so you could load the tt another 800 lbs and still be in axles range.
Is it right??? I would love to have the extra weight capacity but we don't. They could add the next axle weight and increase GVWR. But then a person would just add more stuff and be in same perdicament.

jimtoo

Hi Logantrey,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I would think if you have your VIN and call Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030, they should be able to give you the information you need.

Jim M