2010 Heartland 3210 tire problems

sat119

Purchased a new 2010 3210 Cyclone on 8/6/2011 in Fresno CA. We could not pick up the unit until a few weeks later due to generator problems and PDI work. On the day of pickup, I noticed that the tires had weather cracking and brought it to the attention of the person doing the walk through. He said he would let his boss know and put it on the work order. I told him several times that the tires did not look good and he said ok. To make a long story short, after pulling the unit a couple of hundred miles, the tires started separating. I took it to a tire shop while talking to the RV dealer service dept and told him of the problem (2 weeks after picking up the unit). The tire shop said that the tires were manufactured in mid 2006 and were unsafe due to the tire/tread separation.

Is it normal for a 2010 new trailer to have 2006 manufactured tires installed on it?

I had to install 6 new tires in-order to make a trip from Bakersfield CA to San Diego CA on 9/6/2011 (discovered to separation on 9/5/2011 pm.
Is there any type of warranty on the original tires? I only had them since 8/20/2011!

The dealership faxed a copy of waver which we signed on 8/6/2011 stating I accepted the unit condition and hold them not responsible for anything. And at that time I did not notice any problems with the tires (I looked). What can I do?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The tires are warranted by the tire manufacturer. Also look on the supplier list in your rig there should be a listing for the tire supplier. It may be Tredit Tire in Elkhart. Contact them and they will more than likely take care of you.