2011 Big Horn 3070RL slides

direland

My wife and I have owned several Trailers, Fifth wheels and Class A Motorhomes. We bought this Big Horn from a private party and made a lot of assumptions we maybe shouldn’t have.
why is there only one switch for all three slides and why can’t they be deployed separately and why no ability to choose which slide deploys. It just doesn’t make sense to me why it’s all or nothing? Help me find sense in this….,

danemayer

My wife and I have owned several Trailers, Fifth wheels and Class A Motorhomes. We bought this Big Horn from a private party and made a lot of assumptions we maybe shouldn’t have.
why is there only one switch for all three slides and why can’t they be deployed separately and why no ability to choose which slide deploys. It just doesn’t make sense to me why it’s all or nothing? Help me find sense in this….,
Our 2011 Landmark came at a higher price point and included separate switches. Separate operation involves additional valves, additional hydraulic hoses, additional switches and wiring, and additional labor during build.

Many newer units with a single switch also have valve controls in the front compartment to isolate components. But I don't know if that goes back to 2011 units.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Check the area where your hydraulic pump is located. Depending on your year and model there may be some isolator valves there.
My 2011 Big Horn has them.

Peace
Dave

direland

Our 2011 Landmark came at a higher price point and included separate switches. Separate operation involves additional valves, additional hydraulic hoses, additional switches and wiring, and additional labor during build.

Many newer units with a single switch also have valve controls in the front compartment to isolate components. But I don't know if that goes back to 2011 units.
Thanks for your response. I went out and looked at the valves and found a suspicious valve with three black buttons that may be the isolation valves you speak of. If this is it…sure wish they would have at least marked them as to which slide each is associated with. The manuals say nothing of this valve and even the Heartland technical service rep couldn’t….or wouldn’t help. So you’re one up on rven the factory…thank you for your help….now…pick a button and see what happens….

direland

Check the area where your hydraulic pump is located. Depending on your year and model there may be some isolator valves there.
My 2011 Big Horn has them.

Peace
Dave
Thanks Dave…I found them…now….pick a button and stand back to see what happens

sjandbj

On my Big Country I had the factory install an isolation block so I could open or close a slide even though I have a single switch. This separate manifold has two knobs one for each slide. If I close the valve then the slide will not extend of retract. To truly separate then then each slide would need a separate orange (extend) hose, a separate valve, and a switch. The black (retract) hose is shared between all the hydraulic cylinders.